COLUMBIA, Mo. – No. 15 Missouri evened the series with No. 3 Florida after a 10-2 (5 inning) decision at the Mizzou Softball Stadium Saturday afternoon.
Hannah Adams put the Gators on the board in the top of the 1st inning of play via her seventh home run of the season. Adams sent the 3-2 offering from Laurin Krings (8-2) over the left center field wall to give UF an early 1-0 lead.
Missouri responded with four runs in the bottom of the 2nd inning. The rally was started by a two-run home run from Emma Raabe that scored Cayla Kessinger to put the Tigers ahead 2-1. The lead was extended to 4-1 after a trio of consecutive singles from Kendyll Bailey, Alex Honnold and Brooke Wilmes.
The Gators picked up a run in the top half of the 3rd inning to close down the Missouri lead to 4-2. Adams led off the frame with a single off the center field wall, which was also followed up by a Kendyl Lindaman double to right center that put runners on second and third. With one out on the board, Julia Cottrill dropped in a RBI single to center field that scored Adams easily from third base.
The Tigers extended their lead out to 6-2 in the home half of the 3rd via a two-out rally. Bailey led the charge with a single up the middle, which was followed by a Honnold single through the left side.
Wilmes then placed a bunt single in front of the plate, but a defensive miscue let the ball leak into the outfield which scored Bailey from third. A failed pickoff attempt capped the scoring as it allowed Honnold to score from third.
Missouri went on to plate two more runs in the 4th and 5th innings to take the 10-2 decision. Bailey produced a two-RBI single to center in the 4th inning that scored Kessinger and Wert, while Hattie Moore concluded the scoring with a two-run home run in the 5th inning.
The Gators and the Tigers will return action Sunday at 12 p.m. ET to play for the series.
- The Gators are now 13-5 all-time against Missouri.
- Hannah Adams turned in a 2-for-3 performance with her seventh home run of the season.
- It’s her 17th multi-hit game of the season and she has now reached base safely in 29 consecutive games.
- Julia Cottrill went 1-for-3 with an RBI in the today’s contest.
- She is now riding a seven-game hitting streak and has reached base safely in nine consecutive games. The streak is the third longest on the team for this season.
- Charla Echols turned in a 1-for-3 performance with her eighth double of the season.
- Echols has now reached base safely in 26 consecutive games for the Gators.
- Kendyl Lindaman went 1-for-3 today and tallied her seventh double of the year.