Florida Gators head coach Dan Mullen addressed the media for the final time before Saturday’s spring game. He talked about the plans for the game and how players have progressed over the last month.
Here’s what he said:
• A lot of recruits will be on campus for the Orange and Blue Game.
• The Gators will have boosters as guest coaches again this year.
• The spring game will last exactly two hours, even if it ends in a tie.
• Despite their struggles, the early enrollee offensive linemen have been huge for the Gators to be able to practice in spring. He doesn’t know how they would have even been able to play the spring game without them. “It would probably have to be a 7-on-7 format.”
• Mullen is pleased with the progress the quarterbacks have made this spring, and he can see they are much more confident in the second year in the system.
• There is talent and depth in the wide receiver room, and Mullen said all of those guys are going to get a lot of opportunities this season.
• On Tyrie Cleveland: “He understands what it means to go be a team player.”
• Mullen said there was a lot to teach off of in Saturday’s scrimmage. He did not feel extremely good or extremely bad about it.
• If players come up to Mullen with intention to transfer and don’t have a good reason or a plan, he tries to talk them out of it.