Florida Gators head coach Dan Mullen spoke to the media Monday to update on fall camp. He talked about ongoing competitions, including quarterback, the final week of fall camp and Sunday night’s scrimmage.
Here’s what he said:
• The Gators will do a mock-game on Friday. They will go over procedural things so guys know what to do on game day.
• All three quarterbacks graded out at Champion in Sunday night’s scrimmage. None graded that high in the first scrimmage.
• There is no chance all three quarterbacks battle it out in the first game. There will be a distinct starter.
• Jordan Scarlett and Lamical Perine both ran the ball well in the scrimmage.
• Malik Davis did not participate, but he is still expected to be ready to go.
• On the offensive line rotation: “We’re getting there. I don’t know that I’m 100 percent comfortable with it, but we’re getting there.”
• Freshman walk on Jaylin Jackson caught a touchdown pass in the scrimmage. Mullen doesn’t see him getting on the field this season, but he thinks he will have an opportunity in the years to come.
• Mullen is pleased with how the specialists have performed so far.
• Center is still the most competitive ongoing battle on the offensive line.