With this week being a bye week, the Florida Gator players and coaches haven’t met with the media as they typically do during a regular week.
Will Muschamp met with the media on Wednesday during the SEC teleconference where he talked about several different topics.
Here’s a quick notebook on what coach Muschamp had to say during the teleconference.
- The team used Sunday to talk about the Miami game.
- Monday and Tuesday the team worked on red zone and tempo things and scrimmaged with the young guys.
- Wednesday the team will start on Tennessee preparation.
- Tyler Moore would not play if there was a game this week but he should be fine for Tennessee.
- Jon Halapio is back for contact on Wednesday and should be ready for the Tennessee game.
- Nick Washington injured his shoulder on Monday and will miss the remainder of the season following surgery.
- Rod Johnson will be back for contact starting on Monday after having knee surgery this fall.
- Marcus Maye has a shoulder injury but will be able to play against Tennessee.
- Jeff Driskel will be back for the Tennessee game as will D.J. Humphries and Marcus Roberson.
- Ball security and taking advantage of red zone opportunities are the keys to cleaning things up.
- Muschamp said you should end every possession with a kick.
- When a receiver runs the wrong route on third down it becomes tough on a quarterback to make a play but overall, Driskel did well throwing against Miami.
- Muschamp said that they tackle every day at practice and so far he thinks the team has done well at that aspect this season.
- The plan is to still redshirt Roderick Johnson, as Muschamp feels that the depth on the offensive line is fine the way it is.