Quarterback Tyler Murphy met with the media Monday following his 15-18, 156 yard performance against the Kentucky Wildcats. Murphy threw a touchdown and ran for one as well in his first college start.
On what kind of music he listens to
- It’s a variety that ranges anywhere from Jay-Z to Wale and a bit of jazz.
- Before games Murphy listens to gospel and puts his Ipod on shuffle pregame.
On being nervous on campus now that people notice you
- Murphy says no, not really. The people that come up to him and tell him good game are those he’s had class with in the past.
On whether his receivers better this year?
- Quotable: “I wouldn’t say much has changed other than guys are really just working hard. They are doing a lot more after practice. Staying after practice and doing a lot more where they are catching balls after practice.”
On Trey Burton’s more defined role
- Murphy says Trey is everywhere, and is a good athlete and football player who can help the team in different ways.
On Matt Jones’ performance
- Jones protected the ball well. Murphy also mentioned Jones’ versatility, which gives him a good safety valve.
- Murphy trusts Jones being an every down back, but knows that the Gators will go with whatever the hot hand is.
On how good it was to get the running game going
- The Gators built some momentum in the running game last week and Murphy hopes it will continue against Arkansas.
On expectations of Arkansas
- Quotable: “It’s going to be a real physical game … They’re a real physical team. Their coach coming from Wisconsin and we just know a little bit about his past history. They were a very physical Big 10 team.”
On level of excitement for a night game in The Swamp
- Murphy knows guys are looking forward to playing at night; he says it’s in the back of everyone’s mind.