Wednesday morning brought on the start of day 2 of SEC media days. Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel stole the show early on, even from his head coach Kevin Sumlin.
Sumlin took the podium to give his opening comments where he touched on different topics, including Manziel and the depth on his team.
GatorCountry.com is going to give you a quick notebook to recap Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin’s comments.
- A&M signed 31 players last year and Sumlin said that was because the team was lacking depth.
- Sumlin talked about all of the renovations that A&M has made due to the positive momentum around the team and university.
- Sumlin also mentioned the renovations to the stadium that will cost $450 million dollars and raise capacity to 102,000 fans.
- Tight end Cam Clear was singled out by Sumlin as a new wrinkle to their offense. Clear is a 270-pound tight end.
- On the field, Sumlin said that Manziel has done an exceptional job, but off the field he admits to Manziel’s mistakes.
- Sumlin said he is proud that his coordinators, like Kliff Kingsbury and Dana Holgorsen, have been able to take head coaching jobs .
- Sumlin said he has constant discussions with Johnny Manziel about social media.
- Manziel winning the Heisman was a good thing for A&M, Sumlin said he doesn’t think it was a bad thing that a freshman won it.