HOOVER, Ala. — Mississippi State and head coach Dan Mullen had the opportunity to follow behind Johnny football and his media circus on Tuesday.
GatorCountry.com has you covered with a notebook of what the former Florida offensive coordinator had to say.
- Only 10 seniors on the team this year, so Mississippi State will be a young football team according to Mullen.
- Three straight bowl games isn’t something that has been done much at Mississippi State, so Mullen says he’s proud of his team.
- Playing Oklahoma State first is going to present a quick and early challenge to the Bulldogs.
- The 23 straight home sell outs in Starkville are a product of the fans buying into what they are building according to Mullen.
- Mullen calls having Gabe Jackson back as a senior a huge benefit for this year’s team.
- Not much change will happen with new offensive coordinator Geoff Collins.
- Mullen says that if Mississippi State starts off at 7-0 again, his team will know how to handle the pressure this time.
- There are several good quarterbacks in the SEC and Mullen says that sometimes they don’t get the credit they deserve because of the defenses they face.
- Playing a top team like Oklahoma State so early helps the team prepare during training camp better.