On Thursday afternoon Kevin O’Sullivan met with the media to talk about the Gators upcoming series against Ole Miss.
O’Sullivan touched on a number of topics, including the status of Richie Martin as well as a pitcher being out for the year.
- Corey Stump is out for the year. O’Sullivan said he just had shoulder surgery, as he was injured in his last outing.
- Jay Carmichael has had two good outings the last two weekends and O’Sullivan said each time he pitches, he learns something new.
- Having a starter go deep is good for everyone because when a pitcher comes out after 3 or 4 innings it throws everyone off, according to O’Sullivan.
- O’Sullivan said he thought Richie Martin would be ready to go for this weekend but his finger isn’t quite healed yet, but he will be evaluated Friday morning.
- Taylor Gushue has done a good job behind the plate and with his bat recently and that’s why O’Sullivan has stuck with him at catcher.
- O’Sullivan believes eliminating a few mistakes could help the team flip to the winning side. He says that Florida isn’t able to cover up a lot of their mistakes which has led to some runs being scored.
- Florida has to bunt better and execute the little things according to O’Sullivan. He says things will turn at some point.
- O’Sullivan said he is preaching that the offense has to be more aggressive. He says that Florida is hitting with two strikes too much so far.
- This weekend’s rotation is Jay Carmichael, Crawford and Sunday’s starter is to be determined.