Special report on the Florida Gators lacrosse team:
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – For her performance in the shortened 2020 season, Sarah Reznick earned a spot on the All-ILWomen Rookie Team, as the organization announced Tuesday afternoon.
Reznick – a redshirt freshman – is one of just 10 freshmen selected across the nation and is the only goalkeeper on the squad.
The Long Beach, N.Y. native averaged 9.88 saves per game, a .482 clip and recorded all six of Florida’s wins during her 461:31 minutes in the cage this season.
Her best performance of the season came against then-No. 1 Maryland, where she recorded a career-high 14 saves. That mark is the third-best total in program history and for those efforts she was named IWLCA Defensive Player of the Week.
Reznick also recorded 13 saves against then-No. 13 Stony Brook to help the Gators edge the Seawolves, 12-10.
The redshirt freshman took home three AAC Freshman of the Week awards, while sitting atop the league in save percentage, saves per game and total saves.
A Look at Reznick’s 2020 accomplishments
Sarah Reznick | R-Fr. | Goalkeeper
* 2020 All-ILWomen Rookie Team
* 2020 IWLCA National Defensive Player of the Week (2/18)
* 2020 AAC Freshman of the Week (2/10, 2/17, 3/2)
* In the shortened 2020 season, she started all eight games in the cage for the Gators, totaling 461:31 minutes
* Recorded four games with double-figure saves and had at least seven saves in every appearance this season
* Her best performance came against then-No. 1 Maryland, where she recorded a career-high 14 saves. That marks the third-best total in program history
* Against then-No. 3 Stony Brook, she notched 13 saves – one off her career-best
* Recorded a career-high four groundballs against both Dartmouth (3/3) and Navy (3/10)
* Finished the season with 79 saves, a .482 save percentage, an 11.05 GAA, 15 groundballs and one caused turnover
* In her first appearance of 2020 – Colorado (2/8) – she recorded 11 saves, the most for any Gator goalie in their debut
* Those 11 saves, plus the 14 she had against Maryland put her at 25 through two games played, the most for any freshman goalie through two games
* Led the team in saves, save percentage, GAA and groundballs
* Sat first in the league and 26th in the nation in save percentage (.482)
* Sat first in the league and 12th in the nation in total saves (79)
* Sat first in the league and 29th in the nation in saves per game (9.88)
* Sat third in the league and 37th in the nation in GAA (11.05)
Follow the Gators: