Florida Gators head football coach Dan Mullen took the podium on Wednesday to update on the first week of spring practice. He talked about the quarterbacks, the upcoming Pro Day and more.
Here’s what he said:
• Mullen is doing everything he can to promote the guys who will compete in this year’s Pro Day because they are a part of the family whether he coached them or not.
• Mullen has been impressed with how well the quarterbacks are retaining the installation of the offense.
• Feleipe Franks’ experience has been evident in how well he handles the huddle and his confidence on the field.
• Kyle Trask’s arm has been impressive to Mullen and he likes his size.
• On CJ Henderson and Marco Wilson: “Those are two premier corners.”
• Dre Massey has been limited in practice. He’s not going full speed right now.
• Under the new conditioning program, the average player has lost 3.5 percent body fat.
• Mullen has been reaching out to a lot of former players to come out to practices. “The more we get those guys around, the better it is for the program.”
• Mullen ran gassers along with the team after yesterday’s practice. He said he’s a part of the team so he should have to do them as well.
• Players have been leading in practice, especially those on the leadership council. He wants them to learn when is the right time to lead and when to follow.