After a week off for the bye week, Will Muschamp took the podium on Monday morning for his weekly press conference to discuss the opening SEC game against Tennessee.
Nick will have a lot more from the press conference but here’s a quick notebook on what Muschamp said on Monday.
- The turnover margin for the season is -4 and Muschamp said that’s why Florida is 1-1 on the year.
- The team worked on taking care of the ball and red zone opportunities on Monday and Tuesday during the bye week and started working on Tennessee on Wednesday of last week.
- Muschamp said he’s excited about the SEC schedule and ready for the up tempo offense that Tennessee will run.
- Tyler Moore would not have played had there been a game last week but they feel pretty good about him returning this week.
- Nick Washington is having shoulder surgery on Monday.
- D.J. Humphries is better and the week off helped him but if he has to come out of the game again, Max Garcia goes to left tackle and Ian Silberman goes to left guard.
- Ball security is something that the team works on every day in practice.
- Muschamp said they will get the ball more vertically to the receivers down the field and continue to throw the ball to guys that can make plays.
- If Moore can’t go on Saturday, then Trenton Brown or Kyle Koehne will step in at right tackle.
- The team worked with Brown a lot last week to help him mentally.
- Muschamp said that the Tennessee game is still a huge rivalry and an important game to Florida.
- Matt Jones had a really good off week and the team feels good where he is at mentally now.
- Morrison was just OK during the Miami game according to Muschamp.