Special report on the Florida Gators volleyball team:
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – The No. 4 Florida Gators travel west to Flagstaff, Ariz. to compete in the Lumberjack Invitational, beginning Friday.
Northern Arizona is playing host to the Invitational, while CSUN and Southern Illinois join Florida to round out the four-team tournament.
The Gators play CSUN on Friday at 12:30 p.m. EST and follow that up with a 10 p.m. EST matchup with Northern Arizona. The match between Florida and Northern Arizona will be broadcast on Pluto TV. This will be the first time Florida faces either of these two teams in program history.
UF rounds out play in the Lumberjack Invitational on Saturday at 12 p.m. EST when they face Southern Illinois. The Gators have faced the Salukis just once in program history, back on Sept. 7, 1985. UF fell in five sets (15-7, 16-14, 4-15, 9-15, 2-15) to Southern Illinois in Orlando, Fla.
Live stats and audio will be available for all three of this weekend’s matches and can be found below.
Series Information – No. 4 Florida vs. CSUN
Matadors | 2018 season synopsis: 2-4 overall
- This is the first meeting between the Gators and the Matadors
Series Information – No. 8 Florida vs. Northern Arizona
Lumberjacks | 2018 season synopsis: 5-2
- This is the first meeting between the Gators and the Lumberjacks
Series Information – No. 8 Florida vs. Southern Illinois
Salukis | 2018 season synopsis: 3-4
- This is the second meeting between the Gators and the Salukis
- Florida trails: 1-0
- 3-set: 0-0 | 4-set: 0-0 | 5-set: 0-1
- Home: 0-0 | Away: 0-0 | Neutral: 0-1
- Last Time Out: Sept. 7, 1985 | Orlando, Fla. | L, 2-3 (15-7, 16-14, 4-15, 9-15, 2-15)