- Darious Cummings was not at practice today. He has been dealing with family issues this spring.
- Keanu Neal was back in pads today but he was extremely limited in what the coaches allowed him to do. The coaching staff is really taking a lot of precaution with his hamstring.
- Caleb Brantley continues to struggle. Brantley earned an earful from both Brad Lawing and Will Muschamp today. The coaching staff gets on Brantley a lot for not hustling and when he makes mistakes (like an offsides flag today) it seems to pile on.
- Taven Bryan made a nice play to get past the offensive line and made a tackle in the backfield. Bryan is coming along nicely.
- Antonio Morrison and Jarrad Davis have been taking all of the first team reps at linebacker and the combo seem to be developing a solid bond and good communication flow. Seemingly every time they come off the field together they spend most of their break talking about coverages and the reps they just went through.
- Vernon Hargreaves jumped a route so well on a pass from Jacob Guy that he was able to swat the pass away with the force of a professional volleyball player on a spike. Hargreaves did, however, stop running on a route today leading to a big connection between Driskel and Demarcus Robinson. Travaris Robinson and Will Muschamp launched into an expletive rant directed towards the corner for not hustling and running through the rep. It’s the first time all spring that Hargreaves has been the target of ire from the coaching staff.
- Marcell Harris had a nice day, putting himself in positions to make plays; he just wasn’t able to come down with would-be interceptions. Harris also blocked a low kick from Frankie Velez during field goal work.
- Nick Washington is a much bigger hitter than I thought he would be. Washington laid a big hit on Adam Lane on Monday and had a nice hit today during tackling drills.
- Jon Bullard may not like playing defensive tackle but he’s adjusting to the position well. He gets good, consistent pressure throughout practice.