Tuesday was the opening day for the SEC Media Days. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel was one of four coaches to take the stand and face the massive crowd.
Pinkel touched on several things, including quarterback James Franklin and his 2012 season.
GatorCountry.com is going to give you a quick recap of what Pinkel said in this notebook.
- After last season, Pinkel said he now knows how great it is for Missouri to be in the SEC.
- Pinkel said that he certainly knows now that the SEC is a line of scrimmage league.
- Missouri last year had six games come down to the last drive of the game and Pinkel says that shows how competitive the SEC is.
- Pinkel said that last year, James Franklin was injured more than any other quarterback he has had.
- Running back Henry Josey had a good spring coming off of major knee surgery.
- Pinkel called his team hungry and ready to compete in the SEC after a losing year.
- Pinkel joked that he whined and nobody listened about Missouri having to play three straight games at Texas A&M.