A number of prospects had positive things to say about Florida Gators football after visiting Gainesville this past weekend for the Will Muschamp Gators Football Camp.
Here are a few notes from camp:
• Brooklyn (N.Y.) Thomas Jefferson defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko made a surprise visit to Florida, but didn’t actually work out during camp.
“Everything was great on the visit,” Ogundeko said via direct message on Facebook. “I really like the University of Florida and they are my number one followed by the ‘Cuse (Syracuse) and Notre Dame. I plan on deciding in July.”
• Snellville (Ga.) Brookwood linebacker Shaun McGee picked up a scholarship offer from Florida this past weekend and called Florida his No. 1 school.
• Class of 2015 Glen St. Mary (Fla.) Baker County defensive end CeCe Jefferson picked up a scholarship offer from Florida following his performance at camp this past weekend.
“It was great,” Jefferson said. “Everything stood out. I mean, it was just an amazing time.”
• One of the dozens of quarterbacks camping was 2014 Jacksonville (Fla.) Eagle’s View Academy ‘s D.J. Gillins.
“It was cool,” Gillins said. “I got a chance to meet coach (Brent) Pease again and finally got to meet coach (Will) Muschamp. Coach Pease said he would come see one of my games this fall.”
• Tarpon Springs (Fla.) East Lake receiver Artavis Scott, a Class of 2014 prospect, also picked up a scholarship offer over the weekend from Florida.