- Jeff Driskel had a mixed day. Driskel threw some beautiful passes to Ahmad Fulwood but had a lot of passes sail high and out of bounds or were too far behind his intended receiver. In a red zone drill, Driskel threw a ball into triple coverage, right at Antonio Morrison, for an interception. It was the kind of pass where Driskel knew it was a mistake as the ball left his hand.
- Will Grier and Skyler Mornhinweg continue to split the backup reps but Grier has looked much better than Mornhinweg this spring. Grier connected on multiple deep passes today to Fulwood and Chris Thompson, showing great touch on his passes.
- For the first time this spring new offensive line coach Mike Summers looked like an offensive line coach — by yelling. Summers is a reserved coach and we haven’t seen him get very animated this spring but after a couple of bad snaps from Max Garcia, Summers lit into his position group.
- Chaz Green gave some of his first team reps up to Trenton Brown today. Brown looks good — much slimmer than a year ago. Brown hasn’t looked as good as Green in pass protection but does look better run-blocking.
- Fulwood really seems to be the favorite target of both Grier and Driskel. Fulwood is a consistent and reliable receiver but he has sneaky speed and a big play ability. Fulwood had a great touchdown catch over Duke Dawson today where he made the catch and fell to the ground. Fulwood laid there for a while prompting Joker Phillips to yell, “Get off the ground! Run back! Nice angle Ahmad.”
- Latroy Pittman made the catch of the day on a Driskel pass. Pittman put a nice double move on Duke Dawson, Driskel’s pass sailed a little high but Pittman went up, battled for the ball with Dawson, bobbled it but came down with it.
- Mark Herndon and Adam Lane stood out more than the other running backs today. The defense wasn’t fully tackling today so it’s hard to completely judge the backs when the defense isn’t tackling.
- Andre Debose continues working out with the team but he’s working in a very limited role as he continues coming back from his ACL injury.
- Valdez Showers is making a habit of staying after each practice to work on the JUGS machine by himself. Today he worked on catching one-handed passes.