Publisher Profile

THE INSIDER AUTHORITY ON GATOR SPORTS

  • Home
  • Feature
  • “Soft hearted” Scarbrough impressed by White

“Soft hearted” Scarbrough
impressed by White

Written by Andrew Spivey, April 25, 2013, 0 Comments,
Print Friendly

Will Muschamp isn’t scared to recruit a player no matter who he is committed to or where he lives and that is the case again this year.

One of Muschamp’s biggest targets this year is Tuscaloosa (Al.) Northridge running back Bo Scarbrough who is committed to Alabama right now.

“Coach (Brian) White came by to see me today and it went real good, great,” Scarbrough said. “He was asking my coach how life was going with me and he said that he hopes that I do good no matter where I go but that he wants me to be at Florida so he can coach me up. He was talking about the running backs that he coached at Wisconsin and was saying that he could do the same for me.”

Florida has definitely turned up the heat on Scarbrough lately and it seems to be having an effect on the 6-foot-2, 222-pound back.

“I’m thinking very hard about Florida and after today even harder,” Scarbrough said. “I’m still 90% committed to Alabama but the other 10% is all Florida. I’m planning to visit Florida this summer for a visit with my uncle.”

On the visit, Scarbrough says he wants to see how Florida fits him as well as seeing the criminal justice department at the university.

Will Muschamp was one of the first coaches to call Scarbrough during the evaluation period and he had a message for him that has stuck with him.

“Coach Muschamp was talking to me more about life than football,” Scarbrough said. “He was telling me about how Florida is involved in the community and how they like to help people in the community. I’m a soft hearted person and I want to help people because I would want the same thing.”

For Scarbrough, he plans to visit Georgia and Florida this summer and plans to have a final decision on National Signing Day next year.

Andrew Spivey

About Andrew Spivey

Andrew always knew he wanted to be involved with sports in some capacity. He began by coaching high school football for six years before deciding to pursue a career in journalism. While coaching, he was a part of two state semifinal teams in the state of Alabama. Given his past coaching experience, he figured covering recruiting would be a perfect fit. He began his career as an intern for Rivals.com, covering University of Florida football recruiting. After interning with Rivals for six months, he joined the Gator Country family as a recruiting analyst. Andrew enjoys spending his free time on the golf course and watching his beloved Atlanta Braves. Follow him on Twitter at @AndrewSpiveyGC.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Recruiting_Insider_Muschamp_Will_walk_04062013_WesHall_Florida_Gators_Football-150x150.jpg Andrew Spivey FeatureRecruiting
Print Friendly

Will Muschamp isn’t scared to recruit a player no matter who he is committed to or where he lives and that is the case again this year.

One of Muschamp’s biggest targets this year is Tuscaloosa (Al.) Northridge running back Bo Scarbrough who is committed to Alabama right now.

“Coach (Brian) White came by to see me today and it went real good, great,” Scarbrough said. “He was asking my coach how life was going with me and he said that he hopes that I do good no matter where I go but that he wants me to be at Florida so he can coach me up. He was talking about the running backs that he coached at Wisconsin and was saying that he could do the same for me.”

Florida has definitely turned up the heat on Scarbrough lately and it seems to be having an effect on the 6-foot-2, 222-pound back.

“I’m thinking very hard about Florida and after today even harder,” Scarbrough said. “I’m still 90% committed to Alabama but the other 10% is all Florida. I’m planning to visit Florida this summer for a visit with my uncle.”

On the visit, Scarbrough says he wants to see how Florida fits him as well as seeing the criminal justice department at the university.

Will Muschamp was one of the first coaches to call Scarbrough during the evaluation period and he had a message for him that has stuck with him.

“Coach Muschamp was talking to me more about life than football,” Scarbrough said. “He was telling me about how Florida is involved in the community and how they like to help people in the community. I’m a soft hearted person and I want to help people because I would want the same thing.”

For Scarbrough, he plans to visit Georgia and Florida this summer and plans to have a final decision on National Signing Day next year.

Read previous post:
Andrades_Raphael_03162013_JackLewis_Florida_Gators_Football
Wide Receivers get ultimatum

The ultimatum has been laid out. You have 12 practices, wide receivers. Show Will Muschamp and the coaching staff what...

Close