Will Muschamp and his assistants are not only on the road recruiting, but also speaking at several Gator Clubs around the state.
On Tuesday night, offensive coordinator Brent Pease was at the Panhandle Gator Club where he talked about several topics.
- Brent Pease drew a laugh from the crowd by calling Florida State “the team from up in Tallahassee.”
- Pease said that the one thing he noticed from Jeff Driskel last year was how tough he is. Pease said there was several times where protection broke down and Driskel was knocked down but bounced right up.
- Loucheiz Purifoy is a guy that Pease says that Florida has to find a way to get him in position to make plays whether that’s on special team, offense or defense.
- Pease told a story about receiver Solomon Patton saying that he was fine and was going to be able to come back for spring ball. He was said Patton was at the mall carrying gifts in for his daughter during Christmas and slipped, hurting his arm again.
- One thing Pease says on Patton is, he was really coming on as a player before he got hurt. Pease said that he was really understanding his role on the team.
- Pease said that on the offensive line right now Harrison is starting at center, Halapio at right guard, D.J. Humphries at left tackle, Tyler Moore at right tackle and Max Garcia at left guard.
- Max Garcia was a guy that Pease said he was excited about on the offensive line.
- Pease said he likes the depth on the offensive line and says it’s a strength on the team and he likes their attitude so far.
- Pease wants the offense to be more balanced because when teams load the box, they can throw the ball against them.
- Florida wants defenses to have to prepare for the pass and not be able to just load the box with 9 guys.
- Pease said that Florida fans are going to enjoy watching Matt Jones play this year and that he had a great spring.
- The coaches are focusing on south Georgia and the whole state of Florida right now during May.
- Pease said a hot topic among fans right now is Twitter.
- Pease says times change and you have to communicate with teenagers in every way. Twitter is a new way to keep touch with kids and get their message across.
- One of the biggest improvements is the receiver position and this spring they made a major step in the right direction.