Jim McElwain took the podium on Monday following the Florida Gators’ bye week. He updated on injuries, recruiting over the last week and strategy for the Georgia game.
GatorCountry brings a notebook of what he had to say here:
- A lot of the injured players are really pushing to play in the Georgia game.
- Josh Hammond is questionable this week with a back injury.
- Jeremiah Moon should be back.
- Tyrie Cleveland is running well as he’s still recovering from a high ankle sprain.
- Jabari Zuniga and Kadarius Toney’s injuries will be updated more on Wednesday.
- Despite a tough start to the season, McElwain said the attitudes from recruits last week were good.
- On negative recruiting: “That’s a tactic that a lot of people use and it’s just not something we do here.”
- McElwain said making plays downfield will be really important against Georgia’s defense.
- On Feleipe Franks: “He’s kind of starting to get that we’ve got to get the call and let’s go.”
- Rumors have been flying of McElwain taking off to Oregon State after the season. He denied that accusation and said he is excited for the future at Florida.
- There have been threats towards players and death threats towards McElwain and his family from fans because of Florida’s struggles this season.