Will Muschamp and the Florida coaching staff hosted another very successful Friday Night Lights this year as tons of talent flooded into Ben Hill Griffin Stadium on Friday night.
The talent level for the classes of 2014, 2015 and 2016 was something that hasn’t been seen at Friday Night Lights in recent years.
With all of that talent on campus at one time, Gator Country got some behind the scenes news and tidbits flying around during the event.
In this article, Gator Country will catch Florida fans up to date on all the action.
- Florida running back commit Dalvin Cook still texts receiver Ermon Lane every day with a “Gator Nation” text. Cook did the same thing to 2015 receiver Da’Vonte Phillips who committed to Florida on Friday.
- Receiver Travis Rudolph showed up at Florida wearing a Florida hat and after camp said he had a good time catching passes from Will Grier. The Gators are in good shape with Rudolph but I think Alabama is a serious player for him.
- Cornerback Adoree Jackson was the most popular man on campus Friday. Jackson spent a lot of time with Gator commits JC Jackson and Duke Dawson, as well as Marcell Harris during the event. Adoree Jackson was also seen talking with more of the freshmen class and at one time, was even talking one on one with former Florida cornerback Keiwan Ratliff.
- Cornerback Quincy Wilson told Gator Country that he knows in his mind where he is going already. Wilson, Lane and cornerback Chris Lammons are all expected to attend the same school and the Gators are in great shape for all three.
- One source who is very familiar with the Maryland area, told Gator Country that they expected cornerback Jalen Tabor to choose Maryland simply because they are the hometown team and they are selling him on being “the guy” there.
- Linebacker/BUCK Trent Harris was a no-show at Florida on Friday and a lot of that has to do with the commitment of Justus Reed. I expect Harris to commit to Miami on Monday when he announces.
- Will Grier worked out during Friday Night Lights even though he didn’t have too. Grier is a leader and a guy that gives 110% in everything he does. Grier spent some time with receiver target Travis Rudolph as well. The two hooked up on several long passes Friday.
- Two no shows on Friday were Jacob Pugh and Benjamin Knox. It was surprising that Knox didn’t make the trip, as most of Florida’s commitment were in town.
- Word of Bo Scarbrough’s visit got back to Alabama’s coaching staff and they did everything they could to stop the visit. Ultimately, Scarbrough didn’t visit.
- One thing that was pretty clear was just how close the current freshmen class is. They spent the majority of the night hanging out together and talking to other prospects.
- Khairi Clark told Gator Country that he is shutting down his recruitment. He will take an official to Florida but said that he is not interested in visiting other schools.
- Duke Dawson and JC Jackson have spent a lot of time with each other and are developing a very close bond.
- Daniel McMillan has bulked up a good bit and looks like he is ready to contribute this year. The word we were told is that McMillan could be the starting Will linebacker for the Toledo game.
- Last thing, I’m not sure I have ever seen a coach be as involved in a camp as Will Muschamp. He has his own notepad and he isn’t relying on anyone to take his notes.