UF pledge Kelvin Taylor recruiting OLs
The Opening isn’t an event that really benefits running backs because running the ball doesn’t happen much in the 7-on-7 events.
That didn’t stop Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Day running back Kelvin Taylor from attending the event earlier this month to Beaverton, Ore. The four-day event attracted 150 of the top prospects in the nation and the Florida football pledge certainly enjoyed his time there.
“Man, The Opening was awesome,” Taylor said. “I got to catch up with all of my Florida commits and just have a good time.”
The 5-foot-11, 216-pound Taylor used his time at The Opening to recruit uncommitted players to Florida.
“I was talking to anybody I could starting with the offensive linemen,” Taylor said. “I talked to Ira Denson. I think he may come down for Friday Night Lights. I was also talking to David Dawson — he’s a good one. He’s a cool guy and I was telling him that I needed him to come down and block for me.”
Taylor also said he was happy with his performance during The Opening.
“I ran a good 40 time. It was 4.50 (seconds), so almost a 4.4,” Taylor said. “My 7-on-7 team did great. We came in third place overall. I think I only dropped like one ball the whole time I was there. I was pleased with myself.”
Next up for the Under Armour All-American is visit to Gainesville for Florida’s Friday Night Lights camp on Jan. 27.
“I’ll be down there on Thursday,” Taylor said. “I’m ready to get down there and hang with my boys and the other commitments. I’m going to be recruiting everyone in sight and especially all of the good ones. I’ll definitely be talking to all of the offensive lineman there.”
1 Comment so far
Get the Gator Country Magazine!
Read outstanding, feature length coverage of Gator athletics like no other in a beautiful, full color & glossy print magazine... MORE...
Check out our Photo Galleries!
View thousands of Gator Country's exclusive photos from all Florida Gators sports, including games, events, tournaments, practices and more... MORE...
2014 Football Commits
|Davidson (NC) Day|
|Columbia (SC) Spring Valley|
|Fort Myers (Fla.) Dunbar|
|Cross City (Fla.) Dixie County|
|Jacksonville (Fla). Raines|
|Deland (Fla.) High|
|New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine|
|Miami (Fla.) Central|
|Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas|
2013 Basketball Commits
|Clermont (Fla.) Montverde Academy|
|Bonifay (Fla) Holmes County|
- Recruit Loses Ship For One STUPID Reason! (killercroc_UF @ 02:37 AM)
- Powerball winner in Zephyrhills (g8orbill @ 02:37 AM)
- Aubrey Hill New Head Coach at Miami Carol City (his high school Alma mater) (ThePlayer @ 02:03 AM)
- Early Risers Thread.... (Strikepackagegator @ 01:38 AM)
- Is Driskel a Top 5 SEC QB? (GATORAZ @ 01:36 AM)
- A Word In the Title II (vertigo0923 @ 11:57 PM)
- Shows that you miss (vertigo0923 @ 11:55 PM)
- JUST IN: Florida drops series finale to UGA (Solari @ 11:20 PM)
- Lacrosse falls in the quarter finals. (Gatorryder @ 11:15 PM)
- Arrow....who is keeping up? (LeafUF @ 10:54 PM)