Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

"Zach Evans to Gators is FRIGHTENING!!!" Film Analysis

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by g8or1965, Feb 22, 2020.

1. g8or1965

g8or1965 Freshman

Dec 8, 2014
    East Tennessee
    Analysis and a bit of film breakdown discussing the possibility of Zach "The Houston Rocket" Evans joining the Gators:

• Like Like x 11
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. hhpgator

hhpgator Premium Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Evans is the truth and CDM would work wonders with him and either EJ or AR. I hope I get to watch that zone read for a couple of years!

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  3. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    “Muscle relaxer “ “stunt his growth” too funny.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Murph is very entertaining lol.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. bottledigger

bottledigger All American

Aug 26, 2007
    Connecticut
    Why can't I get that to play?

6. r0r080

r0r080 Junior

Jul 31, 2019
    A few of us had mentioned during the fall about watching Murph on youtube and how great his player evaluations were. Apparently at some point the GatorCountry staff reached out to him and reached a financial agreement for him to regularly supply material to the site.....(for paid subscribers.....I guess?) but his handle on Youtube is "Top Billin" and you can see all his free stuff there including this video

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    I really like his stuff. He knows his stuff, breaks everything down well and most importantly does so in a manner that people can follow in real time. Great resource.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It's the Trask at hand...

• Like Like x 1
  9. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Evans, Lingard, Pierce and Richardson in the back field can I get an oh my?

• Like Like x 4
  10. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    I've been a bit confused about Evans watching his clips. I see such different things I couldn't quite visualize what he would do in our offense. Watching that video really opened up my eyes. Evans is basically a super quick power back with otherworldly cutting and stop and start ability.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Settings? Browser?

12. biggynugs

biggynugs Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, fl
    Is the a snowballs chance in hell of hi
    Coming here? I thought the stuff told him not to visit

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  13. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Man you under a rock huh?

He's visiting in March and we're seen as the leader to land him

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Coach Brewster has known him for two or three years. I think we're good here.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. beemerthegator

beemerthegator All American

Dec 1, 2019
    He only breaks down a few runs, but you get to see when it shows in real speed how fluid he cuts -- he doesn't slow down much there is always momentum. It is just that the kid can fluidly shift the direction of the momentum momentarily in a different direction then get upfield again, seemingly without missing a beat. That is something I just don't think you can teach kids develop it naturally as little kids. It reminds me of some guy Mullen got to work with under Meyer who we all revere as one of the greatest in history (most electric player I have ever seen in person).

Another thing to watch with Evans' running is once he breaks into the open field and is off to the races. Once he is in sprinting mode his form changes and becomes like that of an elite sprinter. Anyone who is an avid runner may have heard of the "pose method," which really isn't a method but a Russian physicists detailed breakdown of the form of great runners and sprinters. Too much to break down in writing here, but you can likely go watch YouTube videos on pose running. Try to check out Usain Bolt and Michael Johnson, they are great examples. When Evans' hits stride in the open field he has that form, best illustrated by his plant foot landing directly under his hip and his "pulling leg" -- meaning the one not on the ground -- comes up toward his butt as opposed to trailing behind him. This is ideal form form for max speed. You can see when he is still getting up to speed his heel on his pullng leg is well behind him, which happens when trying to get up to speed, but the great sprinters once they have accelerated pull the leg directly up toward the butt.

That kid looks like a real talent.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    But he's not really top end fast. His acceleration in the first 10 or 20 yards is incredible but there's not much after that. He doesn't get a lot of separation. He's a full second slower than Bowman in the 100m. But as we know from Emmitt, it's the first 10 yards that make the difference. Get to the second level and everybody's running with him, not at him. I like sprinters better at WR anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Lingard is faster but Zach Evans is the better overall back. Both are threats to house it anytime they touch the ball tho. Man I hope he picks us!

• Like Like x 1
  18. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I for one hope we see them on the field together.

19. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    That’s what I’ve always said and you saw it vividly with Percy. Some kids’ kick just look different when they’re in the open field. Maybe that’s what I’ve seen for years but couldn’t explain what I was seeing

20. dkgator

dkgator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    How does his speed compare to Percy? I totally agree watching the video that his vision and ability to slightly change direction while still accelerating definitely shows a resemblance to Percy. To me he appears faster than Percy in the open field, and a hundred times more durable-looking. I hope he doesn’t have migraines too.