Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Zach Evans Picks Up 2nd and 3rd Crystal Ball - 2/22/2020

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by g8or1965, Feb 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Abba

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Crazy that it was during the season I was looking at Evans hudl film and was like "why can't we get any recruiting traction with top 5 backs" and honestly I wasn't TOO impressed with him cause i felt Bowman was the better back (I kinda still feel that way but i think it's cause i wanted him as a Gator). Started watching more film on him (and not just highlights of big gains) and I started liking him more and was dreading he was going to a school we'll be facing in the future.

Now fast foward to now and after a few missteps, we're "leading" for him. Crazy how recruiting works.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. hotelgator

hotelgator GC Legend

Jun 21, 2007
    Boston
    Oh Bobby with this young man's recruitment I'm not sure anyone is leading?
    I wouldn't take a lot of what's said by Anyone to heart, this is going to be an interesting undertaking. The finality is never known until the young man shows up for classes.
    hope Zachary chooses the school he wants to be at and feels the most comfortable at...

Go Gators

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    That's why i put leading in quotation marks cause you just never know with how his ride is going to go. Wouldn't shock me in a few weeks to see Ole Miss being rumored to be his leader or some random school like Arizona State. But by all accounts, we're sitting pretty good with him. Just have to knock out the OV next month if he shows up

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. danmann65

danmann65 GC Legend

May 22, 2015
    Dieing young is a good thing for musicians popularity. The number of musical groups who paut out more than three good albums you can count on two hands. Pac died around the time we would have found out if he had staying power.

6. lizardbreath

lizardbreath All American

Aug 30, 2017
    A guy with his talent is going to have options, but they have definitely thinned out considerably. UT and Ole Miss are still going after him hard, but UGA, LSU and possibly TA&M are apparently off the table. I know he has been the national poster boy for unpredictability, but he seems to be running out of options. By any reasonable standard, UF has got to be an attractive alternative. And if he really is pissed at UGA, and who isn't, what better platform than the WLOCP to work that anger out in a "healthy" manner? Hope springs eternal and all that stuff, but I really think UF makes sense for this young man for a variety of reasons. And most importantly, I want him at UF!

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    That's how i view it too. The teams he was initially considering have moved on and haven't gotten back into the picture and if it's immediate PT he wants, then Ole Miss and UT are better options than UF but if the overall picture is what he looking for, then I have a hard time believing we'll lose out on him

8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Love Kanye’s rendition of Queen. Really shows how talented he is.

9. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Makes me wonder what the kid is up to. But okay.

10. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Hopefully now with a Closer in house, we got this.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    That's my hope as well that Brewster can sew this up and we can move on from 2020

• Like Like x 1
  12. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Hopefully Punky Brewster becomes punked by Brewster in GA and AL, etc.

13. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Was curious so I checked and I’ve given 3 dislikes and 4 disagrees total and I feel like a bit of a douche with just those few. Officially 7 less clicks cool than I’d prefer, but at least I’m not some folks

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

You should feel like a bit of a douche for such debauchery!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    The douche force is strong in u my son @maxgator

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Just trying to help a brother douche out!

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  17. TheOriginalTexGator

TheOriginalTexGator GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    Maybe i can help enlighten the hijackers. When i first viewed this post there were 2 pages (1.1 pages actually), when i came back today to see if there has been any updates on Evans, i have to go through 6 pages of inconsequential stuff only to find out that there is no new information. It would have saved me a lot of time if the thread hadn't been hijacked. Just my $0.02 worth.

Go Gators

18. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Dude either enrolls in 2 months or he doesn’t. If this thread hadn’t been hijacked it would still be at 1.1 pages and you wouldn’t know any more about Evans than you do now. But you also wouldn’t have picked up on all the other interesting shit like guitar riffs and who’s better - Tom Petty or Tupac (which is a really easy one in my opinion).

Go Gators

Where in Texas?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  19. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I have a double major in douchery and jackassedness with a minor in wtf was I thinking on that one

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

You went to Florida State?

• Funny Funny x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.