Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Your Thoughts On MGTOW Men?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by celebrationgator, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

Oh and just for an update, I finally ABANDONED my egotistical and arrogant posturing over the 70's being the greatest music decade of all time.

I been churning through the catalogues of music, from that period, to re-aquaint myself with the genre and have hit the 90's in my journey to the present.

Dayum man - Seattle is where it's AT! AIC, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Pearl Jam. My current favorite album of these: DIRT by AIC. WOW!

This sound and genre, I find, is more apropos to current times than it was back in the 90's.!

Still workin on it though, I'll let you know when I reach 2000!

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. anstro76

anstro76 Fluent In Nonsense Moderator VIP Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    I'm guilty of this in my occupation. I will say, oh I have a placement for the patient in MAT Therapy when it already stands for Medication Assisted Therapy.

3. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    Did you go out and buy some ripped jeans and flannel?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. officelife

officelife Senior

Aug 11, 2017
    Sorry, I come from a generation of people that suffers from RAS syndrome:)

Being in the IT field, RAS is common, it is just too confusing to some to just say LCD or PIN; they need LCD display and PIN number. At some point, having children, I stopped caring about RAS.

5. anstro76

Feb 14, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    Not sure if it counts as RAS but RBIs

6. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    People say Runs Batting In in?

7. anstro76

Feb 14, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    No, they pluralize the acronym. I didn't think it would count, just throwing it out there

8. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Hall of Fame

Dec 31, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    I knew from an early age that my life with women would take 1 of 2 paths - swimming in great, but ultimately meaningless sex and/or settling down & having kids. I enjoyed the former path, but ultimately have stuck to the 2nd since I was 31. No regrets. Sorry ladies.

• Like Like x 1
  10. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    Men are getting tired of getting shafted by the divorce "system." 90% of all divorce filings are filed by women. Why bust our ass in providing for a wife and kids to only get the forcebly removed from us and all of our chit given to an ex-wife? The rewards aren't enough to justify getting married and having kids anymore. The only thing that saved my azz in my divorce was that I had her sign a pre-nup before I would marry her. She fought the pre-nup for two years but my attorney that drew it up was gold.

• Like Like x 1
  11. carpeveritas

Dec 31, 2016
    When your friend brings up the subject all you have to say is I understand how you feel and yes we live in a world of hypocrisy and double standards.You might also ask him how feminist groups or ideology have a direct impact on his personal life. If they don't then the complaint though valid has absolutely nothing to do MGTOW much less marriage. Just make you position known that MGTOW is not for you. Others may go down that path for any number of reasons but it not one you wish to pursue or are interested in. Either he drops the subject and you remain friends or go separate ways.

I don't understand the concern for potential regret on his part simply because this doesn't affect you or you personal relationship with your girl friend. You might show sympathy if this becomes case. Forget about an I told you so moment because if the regret manifests he already knows thought on the subject.

12. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The Vicious Ideology Behind Five American Mass Shootings

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
  14. celebrationgator

celebrationgator Freshman

Oct 4, 2021
    This is probably the one aspect I do agree with the MGTOW's and Men's Rights Activists on. There needs to be an overhaul for the divorce court and family court systems.

Even though I love my girlfriend I know for me if we ever do get married I will absolutely have her sign a prenup. And I will definitely do my research to make sure I get an attorney who writes it up to be iron clad. I trust her but I also know that people don't go into a marriage not trusting their partner. And like you said the vast majority of the time it is the women who initiate divorces.

15. celebrationgator

celebrationgator Freshman

Oct 4, 2021
    I mean we're friends so I want to try to help him if I can. Obviously it's his life and his decision. Mostly I was just wondering what you all think or if there's been any research on what happens to MGTOW's later in life. If a lot of them regret hating women and never having meaningful relationships (whether marriage, cohabitation or even just friendship) or if a lot of them actually tend to stick with it with no regrets. Honestly while it's not for me I do find the whole ideology interesting. Luckily he's still respectful and never brings up the MGTOW stuff around my girlfriend and I've told him not to.

16. carpeveritas

Dec 31, 2016
    To be honest I don't know if any research that has been done but you did peek my curiosity about a group I had never heard of before.

Gloria Steinem may offer some insight on the issue as she did not marry until age 66 and remained childless with no regrets. I guess you could say she is the icon of WGTOW.

17. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    I think one of the main problems is that people who critique feminism have never read a feminist tract in their lives. And their idea of it becomes a sort of inverse projection of their own fears and perceived shortcomings. The other problem is that "feminism" has become a boogie man for the wasteland of post-industrial capitalism, the disappearance of well-paying "manly" jobs. Fewer dudes in hardhats and such. If people had ever read feminist theory, some of the basic holdings are that patriarchy/capitalism shortchanges many men too (and that many women prosper in patriarchy by abiding by patriarchal standards, particularly in the workforce or in the sexual realm).

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  18. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I’m 62 as well. In my 20’s I would have loved meeting Ms. Lovato and have her tell me that she was wide open.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  19. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I think that your correct to a point. I know three women who burned through their 20s and 30s thinking the same.

By the time the mid 40’s came calling they all started flying a bit erratically

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Not with that kind of attitude.

• Funny Funny x 1