Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Your taste in music says a lot about your bank account

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by gatorknights, Aug 19, 2018.

1. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Thanks for sharing this, Lacuna. Did you read the page of outcomes related to personality? You need not share them, as some of those items are personal. I just want to be sure you saw it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Country should always be at the bottom.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Yes, I did. It's why I made the comment 'it fell within the ranges I would have expected.' However, it did not address other aspects and creative interests I have. I took the test again to bring up the comments / results and there was a change so I evidently answered a question or 2 differently than I did last night. The 'Fun and Simple' score went from 81% to 90% and the 'Energetic and Upbeat' climbed from 2% to 12%. Maybe I was more rested when I retook the test this morning. :p

The Test self describes:
    These dimensions are relatively independent, which means that you can be high on one dimension and low on others, or high on all of them, or low on all of them, etc.

Your score will tell you whether you are high or low on each dimension. The characteristics associated with high or low scorers on each dimensions are described below. If you are especially high or low on a dimension, these descriptions should be particularly characteristic of you. If you fall somewhere in the middle, the descriptions probably characterize you less well. For example, if you have a moderate score on the reflective and complex music dimension then you would probably be quite high in openness to new experiences, but not as open to new experiences as a person with a high score on the reflective and complex music dimension.

On the Reflective and Complex portion it gave this result despite my response to 'somewhat disliking' Jazz:

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Classical, Blues, Jazz, and Folk music. On the Reflective & Complex Dimension you fell in the 65 percentile. This score is quite high.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 65%

Based on your responses, you scored above average on the reflective and complex music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people high on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with high scores on the reflective and complex music-preference dimension tend to be open to new experiences, creative, intellectual, and enjoy trying new things. When it comes to politics, they tend to lean toward the liberal side. Wisdom, diversity, and fine arts are all important to them. When it comes to lifestyle, high scorers tend to be sophisticated, and relatively well off financially. After a hard day of work, if they're not listening to music or reading a book, they enjoy documentary films, independent, classic, or foreign films.

This category doesn't / didn't address leisure time interests other than what is mentioned in the last sentence. I like those things but a lot of my leisure time is spent making jewelry and painting, a good deal more than reading or watching films. And my political views generally lean more towards the conservative side of an issue.

[​IMG]

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Alternative, Rock, and Heavy Metal music. On the Edgy & Aggressive Dimension you fell in the 17 percentile. This score is very low.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 17%

Based on your responses, you scored below average on the edgy and aggressive music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people low on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with low scores on the energetic and aggressive music-preference dimension don't get their kicks on skydiving or rock climbing. They tend to be friendly, less assertive than the average person, and conventional. They tend to place a lot of importance on family security, salvation, and tranquility. When they're not listening to music, watching television, or reading a book, they probably enjoy watching a dramatic movie, major motion picture, romance movie, or classic film.

I think this is an accurate assessment, but again does not address leisure time activities other than listening to music, viewing habits, or reading. Some of my art is is off the wall 'edgy.' :eek:

[​IMG]

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Pop, Religious, Country, and Soundtrack music. On the Fun & Simple Dimension you fell in the 90 percentile. This score is very high.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 90%

Based on your responses, you scored above average on the fun and simple music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people high on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with high scores on the fun and simple music-preference dimension tend to be sociable, forgiving, happy, reliable, and athletic. When it comes to morals and values, they tend be conservative, and consider family, salvation, and discipline important life values. On those days when the cable's on the fritz, they enjoy reading fashion or sports magazines, and watching a major motion picture, musical, western movie, or comedy movie.

Fairly accurate but I don't read fashion or sport magazines and the same comment about leisure time from the previous categories also applies here.

[​IMG]

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Hip-hop, Rap, Funk, Soul, and Electronic music. On the Energetic & Upbeat Dimension you fell in the 12 percentile. This score is very low.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 12%

Based on your responses, you scored below average on the energetic and upbeat music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people low on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with low scores on the energetic and upbeat music-preference dimension tend to be introverted, less assertive than the average person, and detail oriented. As for politics and values, they tend to lean to the conservative side, and value intellect, ambition, and high art. When it comes to lifestyle, low scorers on the energetic and upbeat dimension often come from the middle and upper classes. When they're not reading, they're probably watching a romance movie, classic film, or western movie.

Again, the same comment about leisure time, but I think it a fair assessment of who I am.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    Not real country

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Nice - it appears you enjoyed this, which makes me :)

6. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If you play a country song backwards, you'll get your money back.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    Fun quiz. I agree with all the positive personality traits it says I have and choose to ignore the negative aspects it suggests.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Does that mean you don't like music, or you only like music played on a really bad audio system?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    I guess your little survey works for a certain % of the people

I just do not fit(gee what a surprise)
    I listen to a combination of 60's rock and Country up thru about 2000

10. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

I happen to like Big Band, Smooth Jazz, 60's, Classic Rock (especially, being an old Woodstock hippie), some good Country, some of the great Christian artists,and music through the 70's into part of the 80's, ( like some of "older" Heart, Simply Red, etc.

Geez! I wonder what monetary category that puts me in, or am I just a music lover?:cool::D

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. g8rtrucker

g8rtrucker VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You probably aren't surprised that my respective scores were 88%, 87%, 14% and 2%.(hate rap, funk, punk, and hip/hop.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Where are showtunes on the list ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Anchors Aweigh Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    OOOOOOOOOOO-klahoma

14. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Hey, I prefer upbeat/,energetic music, but only got a 4%. Either I didn't fill the quiz out properly o or I'm a confused conservative. :eek:
    .Rock is not upbeat, but soul is?

15. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Maybe it's just incomplete... There are some missing genres.

• Agree Agree x 1