Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

Your President

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by TheGator, Feb 16, 2021.

1. PD

PD GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Whataboutism responses are never legitimate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    This thread went well.

3. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    It not even 45 seconds, it’s a few seconds looped several times.
    Possibly one of the more ridiculous threads started here in quite some time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I mean, I don't find him incompetent for just sitting there like that. But you guys have done an excellent job of pointing that out for me. I'd rather not beat a dead horse. ;)

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Yep, he is my President, and I'm proud of it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    I've got bad news for the OP and everyone like minded:

He's YOUR president too!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  7. BossaGator

BossaGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    I used to work under a brilliant appellate litigator (in his 70s at the time) who, right before a hearing started, would detach from what was going on around him and stare blankly for a minute or two. He was “looking” at his mental filing system to go thru his arguments, supporting (and contrary) precedent, and the record, which was all organized in his head. As he explained it, he had a mental warehouse where everything was catalogued and cross referenced, and he could “see” where the files were and what was in them in this moment of detachment from his surroundings. I had to explain to clients on occasion that they shouldn’t worry - this was part of his process.

I’m not saying Uncle Joe is doing that, but if you draw conclusions from a few seconds of pre-interview footage you may be missing what’s going on.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. BossaGator

BossaGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    me too. Not my first choice (I didn’t vote for him in the primary) but I think (hope?) he may be like Jeffrey Lebowski - the man for his time and place. He knows this is his last act and he’s been around long enough to (God willing) not get too dragged down into the muck that permeates party politics in 2021. He’s not the most talented or the most charismatic, but that’s not always what we need

• Like Like x 3
  9. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I'd rather he take a moment or two and get it right than just pop off at the mouth and stick his foot in it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    You would rather the leader of our Nation think about what he is going to say in a public interview to the Nation (or maybe just the press) rather than pick up a phone / check Twitter?

I like Twitter checking, rambling, idiots on their 3rd wife who say things that would get most people admitted to the nut house.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Just admitting that we should wear masks is better. Hell just going to a briefing and paying sttention is better

12. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Official Brexit Reporter! Premium Member

Modern politics.

Have a firmly-held viewpoint that you're not willing to change ->
    Go out and find something, anything, that might prove your firmly held viewpoint (ignoring whether it's legitimate or not) ->
    Share widely ->
    Enjoy the fruits of "triggering" others ->
    Rinse, repeat ->

We live in a political a system of veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure, a belief or party, without question.

And if that doesn't scare you - that last sentence is almost a word for word copy for the definition of the word 'cult' according to Google...

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  13. gator10010

gator10010 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 23, 2008
    I mean Biden continuing to roll out Trump's vaccine plan has been very impressive.

And Biden flip flopping on how travel bans and how they suddenly work....especially travel bans to Florida.... has been really impressive.

And that 2nd failed impeachment was a thing of beauty, really impressive.

And Biden's economy has provided record low unemployment...oh wait that was Trump.

It's still early and if Biden gets his nap in every afternoon maybe there's some hope....but the first month has left a lot to be desired.

We can circle back to this discussion after Biden's first term is up.