Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Xbox One X vs Xbox One S

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by Vindibudd, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Vindibudd

Vindibudd Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Orlando
    So I am going to get an Xbox One. I did a little price comparison. Any gamers that want to offer helpful advice would be appreciated! Go with the X or go with the S plus all the other stuff and save about $60.

Xbox One X = $499.99

Xbox One S + Extra Controller + 1 Year Live Gold + Rechargeable Batteries + Forza Motorsport 7 = $434

Difficulty: I have a 65" 4K HDR Display, I also primarily play games on my PS4 and will continue to do so with multiplat games. The Xbox One will be the primary movie and streaming player.

2. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I’d spend $60 more and get the most up to date tech. I love my Xbox one... mostly for games though.

3. UtopiaOfFootball

UtopiaOfFootball Premium Member

Nov 29, 2013
    If you have a 4K HDR TV then I’d go with the Xbox One X. It’s simply a more powerful machine. You’ll get at the very least 1080p @ 60 FPS which is better than the Xbox One S produce. Once you play a 4K Xbox One X enhanced game, you’ll throw the PS4 in the garbage or sell it.

4. Vindibudd

Vindibudd Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Orlando
    LOL, can't play Uncharted on Xbox. Also, higher install base means more people to play with in multiplayer.

5. UtopiaOfFootball

UtopiaOfFootball Premium Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Yea but can you play an 4K blu ray on a PS4 or PS4 Pro? I’m kidding though. PS4 does have some exclusives but in reality they are mostly JRPGs. With your TV you’ve essentially got a racetrack in your backyard and you’re choosing to ride the Geo Metro (PS4) instead of the Lambo (XboneX). But to each his own

6. Vindibudd

Vindibudd Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Orlando
    Well I'm not really interested in PS4 vs Xbox, I'm more interested in which xbox is the better value at them moment. I appreciate your advice on that, thanks!