Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Wrong way driver arrested.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    I have been waiting for 2 days to post this because I really did not want to be the person who started this thread for obvious reasons. I'm really surprised at the lack of media coverage of this event. Any other group and it would have been the big story the last couple of days. It seemed like people were slow to call it what it probably was, attempted murder. 25 injured 5 critically, imagine if it had been a gun and not a vehicle.
    Wrong-way driver arrested after crashing into 25 police recruits out for a run

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It says he was going 30 MPH, happened in the dark, wasn't drunk, and no one was killed ... the reasons to say it was intentional seem weak.

The sheriff said ... "It looks like it's an accident, a horrific accident,"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Loss of limb for one, ventilator for another. Horrific! Looked like a residential area with good lighting, with no lane divider, and he wasn't drunk, so how could he be driving the wrong way? Sure seems it might have been intentional.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ElimiGator

ElimiGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Jax
    Utter negligence.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I demand we wait until all the facts come out before jumping to conclusions! Maybe these 25 officers resisted the sidewalk and ran in front of the car!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    I chuckled.

Anyways this is a terrible story, wish all the victims a speedy recovery and I hope they get to the bottom of this to figure out why someone would do this.

8. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    I thought you were pro gun but yes that is a great point. Assuming this was intentional, imagine if he had an assault rifle and wearing body armor. So many would have been killed along with life long injuries like that kid paralyzed at the parade shooting.

many against common sense gun laws use the 2 wrongs argument. “He could have killed with a knife”. But if he had a knife instead of a assault rifle more children would be alive from the elementary school in Texas.