Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

WR - Jacob Copeland

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by florida72, Nov 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

and that’s the beauty of it

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Legend

Mar 26, 2017
    Transcript? Summary? Powerpoint slides? Anything to make this thread have value instead of it being people giving baseless opinions about what they think he might have said?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    We're an evidence free country now, don't you know?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Really? I thought we were still a justice-free country. Thanks for the update

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Every forum for every cfb fan base is the exact same. I guarantee you if you took off the headers to each one you'd never guess what team was who.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I dunno man, I don’t think we can even touch the level of nastiness you’ll find in a scUM meltdown. Those wackos work on a different carrier frequency

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Yeah, I didn't think of them. They're absolutely the worst of the worst. They were wishing ACL tears on Marshall and Collier for committing to us. Among other vile language and wishes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. wetzelremembers

wetzelremembers Recruit

Nov 9, 2020
    Johnson City, TN
    If we’re being honest, the kid can barely get separation on routes and rarely catches the ball when he does. Seems too focused on grabbing a nice IG pic and tweeting up a manic storm. Hopefully he grows up.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    His 2 catches vs Mizzu were HUGE for us, the potential is there.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Yes he dropped that slant pass in the end zone. Should’ve absolutely been caught. I could be wrong but I almost never see him have any separation, yet Kyle still goes to him and his catch ratio is nowhere near 50-50. If ur not gonna get separation then u need to have flawless hands and he doesn’t seem to. Fwiw he had 5-6 targets sat according to box score

11. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Shorter has been a pleasant surprise. Whit seems to have some game too. As many pros as have been in the wr room the last few years you’d figure he’d realize what he needed to improve on and do it. It’s not like Kyle doesn’t spread the ball around. Hit another 10 guys Saturday, that’s top shelf ball distribution

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    I like Copeland. At the same time I like Copeland, when I watch the game, I see guys like Pitts, Toney and Grimes working hard and making plays when they get the chance. And then guys like Shorter, Whittemore and Henderson still looking like they're learning this offense and maybe not quite where they need to be, but working hard. And the RBs are all making the best of their chances (I really like what I see of Wright).

Copeland should be right up there with Pitts, Grimes and Toney making big plays. This should be his year to really establish himself as the go to guy going into next season. For whatever reason, that doesn't seem to be happening up to now. I don't see the same level of effort as late last season, I don't see him getting open, and when he gets the chance, he doesn't seem to make the catch. Only 6 catches and no TDs this season. You're better than that Mr. Copeland. You can still become the go to guy next season, but not if you sit back and complain.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Anchors Aweigh Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    Locking this because without a link of some sort, this is only a rumor. Feel free to start a new thread when proof of some sort can be provided.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.