Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Would appreciate everyone thoughts and Prayers.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by RayGator, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Thanks for the update, Ray.

I wish that it was better news.

Have you considered help from the Mayo Clinic? From what I understand, they are the best there is. Especially in addressing the kind of issues you are having. Seriously - I would reach out ASAP!

You will remain in my/our prayers my brother.

Hang in there!

Love you so much!

~Baz

348248128_3254971431480941_5885199082436219297_n.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. jhcrane_14

jhcrane_14 Freshman

Sep 27, 2016
    I am definitely praying for you my friend. You are always in our prayers as the SEC family. This sports board forum is one of the best I’ve ever experienced and that is coming from a rival Vol fan. I certainly hope you get to experience another season of college football.

I pray the best for you and your family, and that God‘s will would be done in your life.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  3. malscott

malscott GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    We are fortunate to have SEC brethren visit this site and offer up prayers and blessings. The heartfelt commanradere, and well-wishing are comforting to read.

Often-times peoples suffering is frustrating, we can't turn a switch and make them better. But we can help those we care about by directing our prayers.

My faith offers me comfort, I know the Lord's outreached arms are there for me when it's my time...Although, I'm not rushing towards the light just yet!

Ray, may the Good Lord soothe your pain. Hang in there Gator. Breathe in his love.

Blessings

Go Gators:)

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. RayGator

RayGator Administrator Emeritus Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    When you’re had some good times and it seems you are making health improvements, you can have a step back. Well, that was me.

Last Sunday afternoon I was feeling good and decided to take a nice walk. Of course I use a good cane. Use a walker also if I’m trying to get some things done. So my mistake was taking a longer walk than I usually do. On the way back to my little place I got very tired and week. Came on fast, must have had to do with hot afternoons that we are starting to get this time of year. So I lost my balance and fell over, head first on our little concrete street. Hit hard the front right side of my head and shoulder. Of course I got a lot of pain and a bloody mess. Fortunately some of my neighbors saw me and contacted my younger brother. He took me to the ER of Lakeland Regional Hospital. Of corse they started to control the bleeding I was having and took some X-rays and other medical testing. Surprising to me that no new fractures were found. Of course it showed I had some from a previous event. After about 5 hours I was sent to go back home. Got a thick wrapping around my head in the upper area. And big bandages on my right shoulder. Still have a lot of pain. And I saw in a mirror I have a big, ugly right black eye and dark area around my black eye. Curious how long my right eye and area looks so black and so much pain in that area and right shoulder. Time will tell.

I have to be smarter. When you get to be “slightly” older you have to try harder to be smart.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    as we age our balance gets iffy and our ability to do the things we used to do with ease becomes much more difficult - I fully understand why you went for the walk and also why you tired more easily. I am still keeping you covered in prayer Ray

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. malscott

malscott GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    Sorry to hear that, Ray. Yeah, probably need to do walking with your younger brother for a while. Concrete, skin and bone don't go well together when falling. Early mornings walks only with this hot weather. It's a shame, an otherwise decent morning got fouled up with a fall. The good news is they sent you back home. You're fortunate it wasn't worse!!

As you know too well, as we age our balance is really compromised. When we are in an infirmed state and have been conveleasing for a while we are weaker. When we feel good for a minute after suffering, we are also are motivated to shake all of this off and enjoy a nice walk. The unfortunate reality is we get a false sense of health and vitality. Good memories in our brains send us out on a journey and the perils of the mobile world can set us up for more problems.

See if you can have someone take you out on occasion. Once or twice a week. That way you have a companion and you can lower the probability of more injury.

All this is obvious, but I think Clint Eastwood said: "A mans got to know his limitations"...

Anyways, I know I'm not sharing any great 'sage' advice here, but just concerned for your well-being!

Heal up Gator!

Go Gators.:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. RayGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    Whenever I’ve seen a Doctor for anything I may have for some reason at the time, and they place a patch on it, they might say I can remove it in a day or so. Well, I leave them on and let them fall off in time on their own. I had 2 on and last evening they both came off. The area on right side of my head sure surprised me how bad it looked. I have a big black eye! and still some pain around that area. The other was a big covering on the front of my right shoulder. Now that area still has a lot of pain. Hopefully, in time, all the pain will go away, and no more black eye!

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. RattlerGator

RattlerGator VIP Member

Ray, I rarely get on the board any longer and even when I do it's a quick check for something or another.

I happened to see this thread just now. God love you, bruh, and I'll be praying for you down there in Imperial Polk County.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. RayGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    Rattler, it’s been a long time! I’m so glad to see on GC! Hope you and your younger brother and all your family are all doing great! I’ve been in Lakeland Regional Hospital 4 times since the beginning of the year, but I’m still here. Use a cain and and/or a walker now. Depending which one I will need. Still wish I could make it to Gator games but don’t drive my car anymore now. Starting to get a little bit older now. I guess. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RayGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    Well thank you very much! No better football conference than the SEC !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Love ya, Ray!

Tillandsia (natural hybrid from Honduras).jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. G8rmann

G8rmann Premium Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Blessings, Ray. Be well.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    You’re a tough ol booger. Keep going but maybe wear a helmet, a gator helmet.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    My prayers to you Ray on this Sunday. Simply that you would have peace while you are healing, and that your will and desire to fight will stay strong! God bless you Sir

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. malscott

malscott GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    Happy Father's Day, Ray. Whether you have kids or not you're a Gator fixture of 'Dadness' on this site. Be strong, use the handrails, walker and cane. Balance isn't a given. Be weary of overconfidence when walking.

(I'm sure you know) Ray, Gator football is on a recruiting tear about now. All great news. Linebackers up the Wazoo! Let's hope the Baseball team can beat up on Oral Roberts later today.

The Good Lord is shining down on Gator Nation.;)

Blessings to you, Ray.

Go Gators.:)

• Like Like x 6
  16. dflll1216

dflll1216 VIP Member

Thoughts,
    [QUOTE="malscott, post: 15247313,]
    Well put, Malscott…..we are all getting a bit older and the body will NOT listen to our far more youthful and enthusiastic heart and passion. Get well, Ray….your sage wisdom here kept THIS 72 year old Gator enthusiastic when my own body would not cooperate. Take the love, respect, and encouragement from the fellow Gators who have received so much from you, sir!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. RayGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    And Thank You Very Much!

Seeing the Gators win a game, always seems to take a lot of pain away…. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    Always good to hear from you Ray. May Jesus continue to watch over you!!

19. olderthandirt

olderthandirt Freshman

Nov 2, 2022
    Northwest Florida
    Praying for your recovery!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. chargator

chargator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Miss seeing you post Rattler, but I understand.