Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Worried about miami game

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by FraserGator15, Aug 16, 2019.

1. FraserGator15

FraserGator15 Sophomore

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    Am I am idiot to be worried?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Worry won’t change the outcome

I hate to lose but it’s not going to change my life if we do

They should worry however

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    I always have concerns when playing Miami. They have a good level of talent down there, and if UF let’s them hang around, never know what might happen. I tend to thing we win a 24-14 type of game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Let me ask you something, young feller.

Do you like Thanksgiving? Do you enjoy the Thanksgiving holidays with your close friends and family? Maybe you tap your tappers into the kitchen, fetch yourself 10 tbsp. of freshly churned farmstead butter and smoosh it until wet beads of clear milk pours from the corners of your fingers. You want to know what I'd do? I'd backboard that juicy butter hunk off the oven hob and into the big pot of turkey pan drippings. My god that would be a delicious base for a gravy.

Your great Aunt Wojciechowski will love you. She'll wrap her fat arms around your chunks. Do you like Aunt Wojciechowski? Do you enjoy Aunt Wojciechowski?

Gators by 24.

They have talent, they have motivation, but they've got a first-year head coach, a first-time starter at QB, and they're going to play ultra conservative on offense. They're going to play so conservatively that I could be playing linebacker without sacrificing any of my vices during the game. What I am saying is, I can be playing on my phone in the middle of a scrum and Miami would still throw a 2-yard pass out to the flat and he'd get immediately tackled. I could live stream it with commentary. We don't even have to bring our A-game to the park on defense.

On offense? We have something to prove. Dan wants to show them crewts that we can put 50 on anyone. And he's not wrong. Miami has a good defense, but Mullen isn't just a good offensive coach. He's one of the best coordinators in the game right now. Whatever hope Miami had of defending us died when Bowman committed to Clemson. Mullen is going to beat the breaks off their run defense. Mullen is going to beat the breaks off their pass defense. By the time Jarren Williams completes his first 20-yard pass, we'll be up by triple digits. So I gots to ask you, do you like Thanksgiving?

• Funny x 7
    • Best Post Ever x 6
    • Like x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Creative x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. Pnick81

Pnick81 Senior

Feb 1, 2015
    Not worried about scUM. Worried the good guys will read and believe too much hype, like UK last yr.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. FraserGator15

FraserGator15 Sophomore

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    That's what had me worried.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. busigator96

busigator96 Hooked since summer 1997!

Apr 10, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I think it will be a lower scoring game than most predict.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Why? They suck.

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  9. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    That's usually a legit concern but I think DM will have them ready for this game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    As I re-watched the last 1/3 of the season I remembered what a slow starting team we were.
    We were down 31-14 in the 3rd quarter vs USC, we only scored 13 in the first half vs FSU, and we also scored 13 vs Michigan in the first half.

SOS used to jump on teams, but Mullen didn't-at least last year.
    So I think the game starts slow, but we pull away in the 2nd half.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. gatorfan96

gatorfan96 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The things that worry me the most are that we have lost some players to transfers, had some guys not qualify, have injuries, and there are rumors of suspensions. We're basically going into this game with a roster that is the equivalent of a team on probation.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

SHHHHH........

Be worried........
    Be very worried............
    Be very, very very worried..............

Now, be nice, and step away from the Meth...
    After a day or so, you'll feel fine......
    The Gators will be just fine........
    The Gators will be very, very fine. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    They have athletes. They have new coaches, new attitude, and want to show out the "New U". They will come out fiery. We will need to match the energy and keep pounding until we break through. Similar to Michigan and FSU games. Even though the former was well coached and the latter not so much.

That's the typical story line. However they have a new coach, green QB, and suspect Oline. They may start with too much energy + jitters where as we seem to have turned the corner and the next step is to dominate inferior teams from the get go. Impose our will.

I expect our defense to be excellent once they settle down. How can we not be with possibly the best corner tandem in the country? And the other positions on D are solid. And the safeties should be over the youth issues from last year. Reese is underrated and his leadership and knowledge will make the difference in many situations this year.

And oh so many weapons on offense! Our receivers and running backs - as good as any groups in the nation and we don't even know which group will be the team strength. Franks should break through and be seen as among the best QBs in the country. Scheming around an Oline that needs time to gel, Mullen and Hevesy can handle.

Kickers are super and surely we're ready to excel in returns, and blocking kicks nearly every game. We have the speedy guys to get off the edge.

35-10

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    I’m not worried but I’m still very concerned with FF. If the FF shows up from 95% of his career the O will struggle. But even if it does I think we win a lower scoring battle

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. g8rtrucker

g8rtrucker VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, we have lost transfers--who were not expected to start or be on the two deep--,we have had some not qualify--who, save one, had no expectation to see the field against scUM--and had injuries, either minor or not starters all from a team that went 10-3 in the SEC with a returning quality QB the best WR crew in 10 years and a mad genius of a second year coach/OC.

We are facing a team that has lost half its starting defense, has a new head coach and offensive staff, a new RS freshman QB with about 7 passes to his credit, an offensive line that has no more talent than ours and a team that went 7-6 in the mighty ACC and was blown out by the only quality teams they faced.

Seems to me our biggest concern should be complacency--it is, IMNSHFO, the enemy we will need to overcome to put a quality stomping on the thugs from South FL. Just sayin'

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Very valid points. Face it, Vandy and USCe had us on the ropes, and to our team's credit, we didn't fold and fought back to win. When I rewatched the FSU game, it was evident we weren't blowing them out in the first half. Although we ended up winning big, they were close and a few plays either way could have made a big difference. There is a reason Miami leads this series, and while I think we win, I expect it will be closer than most on this board are predicting. Plus, given that it is the first game of the season, anything could happen.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Legend

Apr 29, 2007
    They are terrible. It will easily be a double digit win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    I’ll take Mullen with an entire off season to prepare over Diaz’s first game in the captains chair all day long.

We are not losing that game

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Make no mistake about it... they will try and run the ball on us. They know if they pass... they lose really fast.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. BoliviaGator

BoliviaGator Junior

Sep 22, 2014
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Love all the enthusiasm, and I expect us to win. However......

If they handle us in the trenches, especially their DL v our OL, anything can happen. If they get consistent pressure on FF, it opens the door for turnovers and mayhem.....that's in spite of my bullish opinion on FF right now (I think the kid is going to have a special year).

Again, I don't think that will happen....but, it's not inconceivable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1