Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Words with racist connotations

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Trickster, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Tjgators

Tjgators VIP Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You helped me with my answer when you insinuated that white people wanted to end slavery because it wasn't profitable. So, white Americans went to war to abolish slavery and possibly die because of economic reasons? Don't get the logic. I do realize the well funded and coordinated marches/riots have a large percentage of young white people. Those marches have done a lot of damage to our country and ruined 1,000's of small businesses. Now a march that Scottie Lewis organized was awesome. Grassroots, family, neighbors, walking together peacefully and not letting the looters hijack their march.

Lebrons charity work is a blessing and I am well aware of the school. My comments about LeBron had to do with his politics. LeBron likes to point fingers, blame others and fan the flames with zero solutions. He has an audience. A giant audience of young men and women who look up to him. He has the platform to discuss and implement solutions and bring people closer, yet all he does is create a bigger divide with his wokeness. Completely different topic than his charity work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    re: Lebron. I think the world is a better place for him being on it. He seems to be a responsible person and has done well for himself and his community. Good for him.

He made a mistake in criticizing the Houston Rockets GM for the guy’s tweet about supporting Hong Kong last Fall. I guess freedom is important until it affects his pocketbook Sad.

3. stan05

stan05 Premium Member

Jan 19, 2020
    I am not cherry picking history at all. I am specifically talking about American history. You are the one that is talking about all these other countries history trying distort from the narrative of what happened and is happening in this country.

4. stan05

stan05 Premium Member

Jan 19, 2020
    I did not insinuate that slavery wasn’t profitable for white people. Lincoln freed the slaves because he knew it would hurt the confederate economically and that black people would begin to fight with the Union. It wasn’t done as some noble thing. White people in the south were getting rich off free labor from slave work and the white people in North didn’t like that. Hence, why do you believe that all of these Universities in the South are so extravagantly built and where do you believe all that money came from to start these Universities?

LeBron’s charitable work is bringing
    people together and helping with solutions. He is helping young black people to get an education that maybe otherwise could have never afforded it while giving them an avenue and something to reach for. That is putting his feet on the ground and helping people. Give me an example when LeBron has point fingers, blame others and fan the flames with zero solutions? By the way I’m not an LeBron apologist, but I want to hear facts of your criticism of him not some subjective point of view.

5. stan05

stan05 Premium Member

Jan 19, 2020
    I think you need to go back and read what I wrote. I specifically asked a question to someone else on why does he or she do not believe BLM or black people do not understand that white people help abolish slavery? I don’t get what your problem is and why you cannot comprehend what I wrote.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    I get it. My apologies. I thought you were making a claim, instead you were asking someone else why he thought it.
    I didn't go back and read what you were responding to. Or your full post. Inexcusable.
    My bad and, again, my apologies.
    :oops:

7. stan05

stan05 Premium Member

Jan 19, 2020
    It is no issue, no problem.

8. MsUFLAWYER

MsUFLAWYER All American

Feb 10, 2008
    I am white. I didn’t do anything related to slavery. No ancestor of mine had anything to do with slavery. Under any plan of reparations that you espouse... is it going to cost me money? If the answer is No you have my sincere apology.

9. MsUFLAWYER

MsUFLAWYER All American

Feb 10, 2008

Btw, I’m on my wife’s iPad as mine is charging, so this is UFLawyer, not the Mrs. :)

10. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    Typical patriachical appropriation of the means of communications by the Man in power. I am woman, hear me roar! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    if you knew the Mrs then you would know who has the power. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Gatorhall

Gatorhall Premium Member

Apr 15, 2007
    North Florida
    Oh it will cost you and you can bet your ass on that.

13. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Well, the government would be paying it, so in an indirect way, yes, it will cost every person who pays taxes. In a direct way, not really. Do you think Germany shouldn't have paid the Jews reparations because some German taxpayers didn't help the Nazis?

14. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    The 13th Amendment will allow whatever human nature allows. Nobody is safe from it, and I mean nobody.

15. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    seriously? Germans? I can say with 100% surety that the Germans would NOT be paying the Jews anything 160 years AFTER WWII. And when you say “indirect” what exactly does that mean? Do you mean the Federal Government, through the power of force and involuntary incarceration is going to take money from someone who did not commit a crime, and give it to someone who was not a victim on the crime, for a criminal conduct that occurred 160+ years ago? Yeah......that’s a hard no from me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    bwaaaahaaaahaaaaa. Stop reading Left Wing memes. Prison labor is not slavery, it is punishment after conviction and due process

17. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    I'm not talking about prison labor.

18. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    OK buddy. I’m choosing not to engage in your silliness. Have a Great weekend.

19. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    So your argument is that if Germany had just refused to pay the Jews for long enough that they'd be right to not do it?

20. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    The Germans need to pay us for bombing Pearl Harbor.

• Funny Funny x 2