Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Womens tennis won at LSU 4-3

Discussion in 'Alligator Alley (other sports)' started by oragator1, Mar 29, 2019.

1. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    had to have it, and it was Zein who came through 7-5 in the third, after being up 4-0.
    Win at A&M somehow and the road trip was salvageable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Watching Zein lose 4 straight in the third thought for sure she was done.
    Just have got to get something from Emma in these matches.
    Berlin with a nice win. Kharitonova has disappeared

Not holding my breath on a win cs TAMU, but had to have this one after the uk disaster

3. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Good win. I thought Zein was toast, too. Good to see she rallied back, on the road. Tough to seize momentum back like that. Nice win by Berlin.

Gator Men cruised over LSU. Except in doubles...

Not a good day for LSU on the “courts”, their hoops team got crushed.

4. crosscreekgator

crosscreekgator Sophomore

Aug 3, 2018
    I had not seen Berlin play so I watched the last three games of her match. She is a good ball striker for someone who is listed as 5-5 and she was clearly in control of that match. If she can continue to contribute at #6, it could be a huge boost to this team.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I kind if assumed LSU was weak at 6. You think Berlin can compete vs quality teams? I know Kharitonova rep is talented but not tough, maybe Berlin is the grinder we need

6. crosscreekgator

crosscreekgator Sophomore

Aug 3, 2018
    The LSU #6 is a 10.79 on UTR and beat the Kentucky #6 (7-5, 6-4) but lost to the Arky #5 (6-0, 6-3) and the Vandy #5 (4-6, 7-5, 6-1). Berlin is currently a 10.06 on UTR which is low by SEC standards but can easily go up the better that she plays against quality opponents. The LSU player did not have a whole lot of fight left in her when I started watching Berlin's match so it is hard to say whether that win was based on Berlin playing well or her opponent playing poorly. The Texas A&M #6 (Dorthea Hviding) who played last week against Arky and won in 3 sets is a 10.53 on UTR. We should have a better idea after today's match against Texas A&M how much of a contributor Berlin will be going forward. Berlin looks like she may be a better fit at #6 than Kharitonova based her consistency so let's hope she plays well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Berlin proving me wrong again, key on doubles and gets a solid singles win

Pretty good much for uf so far, won doubles point for starters.
    Kessler defaulted with injury so makes tough today and a nightmare if serious

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    They won, huge huge win for their post season hopes.

Only downside is that Kessler got hurt, if she can’t go and aberyone has to slide up it could make things tough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    By far most impressive outing of the season, and from some unlikely spots.
    If Kessler is out that could be disastrous, can't find any detail on what happened with her