Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(WBK) Women’s Basketball Versus FSU Ppd to 6p Tuesday

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gatorjjh, Nov 27, 2020.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Women’s Basketball Versus FSU Postponed
    Sam Stolte uaa
    Gators will not play in game at Florida State originally scheduled for Sunday
    GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The University of Florida women's basketball program has announced that Sunday afternoon's contest at Florida State has been postponed. The determination was made Friday afternoon after consultation with UAA and UF Health officials.

The Gators' next scheduled contest is Wednesday, Dec. 2 vs. Charleston Southern at Exactech Arena at the Stephen C. O'Connell Center.

Women’s Basketball Versus FSU Postponed - Florida Gators

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

3. jmac83

jmac83 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    That announcement is so silly, just go ahead and say "due to a positive Covid test in the program."

4. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    I was looking forward to this game to see how the team measured up against a very good opponent. It will be interesting to see how many games we actually get in this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Is that a fact, or are they just being cautious, given what is going on with the F$U football program.

6. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Agreed. We can't make an assumption based on that statement.

7. Singaporegator

Singaporegator GC Hall of Fame

We have a chance to go undefeated!

• Like Like x 1
  8. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    Lol... it honestly wouldn't surprise me. The way it's spreading I see a lot of games being canceled. I am dealing with it at work (nursing) and tested positive Friday. It's no joke. It's the worst I have felt in a long time. Hopefully this passes soon enough and things get back to some sort of normalcy.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  9. Singaporegator

Singaporegator GC Hall of Fame

Deeply sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a full and swift recovery. Keep us posted.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hoosiergatorette

hoosiergatorette Sophomore

Mar 17, 2020
    Game rescheduled for tomorrow

• Like Like x 3
  11. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011
    Glad we get to play the game. Assuming Wednesday's game is still scheduled as well?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Premium Member

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    it is not a joke for sure, have 2 family members who are nurses who are fighting it now, one in Texas another in Colorado..both very healthy but in their 40s and just feeling like crap like they say

13. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR GC Legend

Feb 1, 2011

The fatigue and exhaustion is what shocked me. I am starting to feel somewhat better, but still get tired in no time once I get up and about.... I am 36. I have patients that are 103 with no symptoms....it's crazy.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Premium Member

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    It could have been played Sunday, they had to make the football program look a little better suspending it Sunday..FSU is pitiful right now

• Like Like x 1
  15. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Women's basketball's contest, originally slated for Sunday, to be played Tuesday in Tallahassee.
    GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The University of Florida women's basketball team's game at Florida State, originally slated for Sunday, Nov. 29, has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 1.
    On Friday, after consultation between the respective medical staffs and administrations, Sunday's game was postponed.
    The contest will tip at 6 p.m. ET from the Donald L. Tucker Center and will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra.
    As a result of this game's rescheduling Florida's tip-off time Wednesday against Charleston Southern, originally set for 3 p.m., has shifted to 5 p.m.

UF opened its 2020-21 season last Wednesday with a convincing 90-47 victory over Grambling State. Three players finished in double figures led by Kiki Smith and Lavender Briggs who both registered double-doubles. Smith and Briggs were the first teammates to post double-doubles in a season opener since 2003. Danielle Rainey was excellent in her first game returning from a serious knee injury that caused her to miss all of last season, coming through for 18 points off the bench. In the first half, Rainey stole the show, pouring in 11 points in her first game action since the 2018-19 campaign.

The Gators' performance in their opener featured several noteworthy statistical accomplishments, as they recorded their largest margin of victory in a season opener since 2002 and their 90 points scored were their most in a season lidlifter since 2013. All 10 Florida players to appear in the game scored and the Gators shot 23-of-31 from the free throw line, making more attempts from the charity stripe than any game last season. UF also collected 50 rebounds and shot an even 50 percent from the floor.

Florida's longstanding series with FSU is its longest against any opponent and the Gators are in search of their first win in Tallahassee since Nov. 23, 2008. Florida dropped a 66-55 contest to the Seminoles when the teams met on Nov. 26 of last season in Gainesville. The Gators gave No. 12 FSU all it could handle trimming the gap to just two points in the fourth quarter. Florida returns 56 percent of its offensive production from the matchup while FSU welcomes back just 38 percent. Smith led the Gators with 14 points.

The Gators and Seminoles will meet for the 77nd time when they take the court. The Gators hold a 42-34 edge in the all-time series, which dates back to 1975, but have dropped the last four.

FSU, which was predicted to finish sixth by the ACC's Blue Ribbon Panel and eighth in the coaches poll, returns seven players including two starters from last season's team which posted a 24-8 record. A graduate transfer out of the Big East highlights the Seminoles' newcomers group as St. John's graduate Tiana England joins the FSU team after starting at point guard the last three seasons for the Red Storm. Tuesday will mark the head coaching debut for Interim Head Coach Brooke Wyckoff who takes over this season for long-time head coach Sue Semrau who is taking a leave of absence. FSU is one of nine teams nationally to finish in the AP Top 25 Poll in each of the last six seasons.

With the addition of the FSU game, Florida is now scheduled for three games this week. In addition to playing at FSU and hosting Charleston Southern on Wednesday, Florida also hosts Cincinnati on Saturday.

FOLLOW THE GATORS
    SOCIAL: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram