Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Winston makes history

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by RealGatorFan, Dec 16, 2019.

1. fda92045

fda92045 GC Legend

Feb 19, 2012
    I mean, you may not remember the NYT and the Duke lacrosse case...so you shouldn't be automatically accepting that everything the NYT report is true and without bias. They've had quite their share of controversies.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. fda92045

fda92045 GC Legend

Feb 19, 2012
    But also the difference is you aren't sitting here name calling. You are simply saying I think he is guilty, which is fair. I don't have an issue with that.

3. tambay

tambay Junior

Mar 23, 2008
    He's been a model citizen for the last four years. It took him longer than it should have to grow up, but to say he is "still" a bad person shows your bias. He spends every off day and most of his off season helping kids and being a great role model for the under privileged youths in the Bay Area. Basically, Derrick Brooks, who is one of the greatest people you will find, has taken him under his wing, and to Winston's credit, he has taken to it. I know about his past, but the guy has redeemed himself and should be lauded for it.

• Come On Man x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  4. tambay

tambay Junior

Mar 23, 2008
    Damn...you think the fact he played for FSU, dad was going to brush the alleged rape of his daughter under the rug for the good of the spear. Some of you people really do have a warped view of how the actual world works.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. GatorBowl1969

GatorBowl1969 Sophomore

Jul 4, 2011
    Me thinks you are a tad confused. ADA Cappelman's father played for FSU, not the rape victim's.

• Winner Winner x 4
  6. benheb

benheb GC Legend

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    Okay, I do think he is guilty but, of course I'm not omniscient and I don't know for sure. The "conflicting" part of it was ridiculous speculation from FSU fanboys... don't want to rehash it. Lacrosse story was bad but it was a scandal that the NYT owned up to. It is not disgusting that many think he was guilty and handling of it by Tallahassee locals and what they did to her was the disgusting part. If you think she orchestrated the delayed accusation.... that she went to police that night and reported rape and didn't name him until they happened to have a class together much later. If you think she masterminded all that for a paycheck (remember Winston was a NOBODY during all of this), then I have a bridge to sell you. And if you didn't know those facts then what business do you have calling gator fans disgusting? I don't know how reasonable people can't be troubled by all that - but you're a Tampa fan so its okay. Roethlisberger probably is a rapist too - but does that mean I'm not a Pittsburg fan? Guess I am a ridiculously biased gator fan but I don't want Winston to succeed because I think he raped that girl and cynically impugned her character (with a lot of help) so he could get some NFL $$$.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. benheb

benheb GC Legend

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    Sure. What's a bit of raping and wholesale character assassination of your victim when you got a multimillion dollar contract.

He's a great guy for attending these orchestrated event and not hanging with skanks 24-7

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. hotelgator

hotelgator All American

Jun 21, 2007
    Boston
    As if you need to be on a Gator board defending this guy and sticking your finger in my face that I'm sick because I believe the cat ruined a young womans life!

Winston has in FACT NOT been a perfect citizen as you claim
    Clownshoe apologists unite on a Gator website lol
    Then you point at others and say were in fact the screwed up ones lol
    Nope Never have put myself in the situation to be accused of rape, EVER!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. fda92045

fda92045 GC Legend

Feb 19, 2012

Ok then. Thats exactly my point. You think he did it, great. There is reason to believe he did. But was he charged or convicted? No. So that means there is a chance he is innocent.

So what I say is disgusting is the action of calling him names and being so certain something is a fact that we don't know it is a fact.

Here is the exact quote "The certainty some of you have is so utterly disgusting."

What I never said was disgusting was an entire being or the choice to believe what he was accused of is true.

I'm not going to go into the details of the case, or speculate what is or isn't true, either. That was never my intention, and I won't participate in that.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  10. fda92045

fda92045 GC Legend

Feb 19, 2012
    No one is saying you are screwed up. No one is wagging their finger in your face - Are you not able to handle a different opinion? Because I can handle yours.

What is being said is you shouldn't call someone something that they may not be. And it's also hypocritical because we've had our share of baggage.

And you can go and compare the degree of how serious you think the wrongs of us vs the wrongs of FSU are, but that is irrelevant. There has been dirt from both programs - so glass houses.

Jameis has done other things that have been proven he's done - so use those, not the things that haven't been proven.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. Gatorfred

Gatorfred All American

Oct 15, 2012
    After reading the first paragraph, I was on board. Let’s have that conversation. It would be interesting. Then you had to go all ruin any credibility you were building.
    Winston has had continued to have problems with no signs of learning from his mistakes. From drunken Uber rides to HOA complaining about his parties.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. biggynugs

biggynugs Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, fl
    By that math, 36 turnovers, means 31 interceptions. That can’t be right.
    He’d even throw a party at the wrong house.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. hhpgator

hhpgator Premium Member

Jun 13, 2017
    That’s not what I said, that’s not what I think, but thanks for playing. I grew up with that ADA and if she could have charged him, she would have. How did you get the facts so twisted??? Who is “you people” and do you even know any of the people involved? TPD botched that case and everyone knows it. What rock have you been under?

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Model citizen? You care to ask the Uber driver? Guess the NFL just suspends players for no reason. GTFO with that nonsense.

Buccaneers: Jameis Winston sued by Uber driver in alleged groping

The NFL suspends Jameis Winston for groping an Uber driver

• Winner Winner x 5
  15. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    What a delightfully insulated pulpit. You claim the certainty that others express is disgusting. To substantiate your point, though, you would necessarily provide details/evidence to the contrary. Perhaps some of that disgusting certainty is actually grounded in efforts to uncover the facts. You, however, are somehow immune from the need to justify your own claim.
    Which expression of certainty is more disgusting? The grounded case against alleged immoral behavior? Or the chastising of that expression, devoid of contrary evidence, along with the refusal to address any specifics? :emoji_thinking:

If you're a Gator grad/fan, I'm Chief Osceola.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. BJ1888

BJ1888 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    @hogtowngator got 36 turnovers by adding all of Winston’s fumbles to his 24 INTs. Not all 12 fumbles were turnovers, only 5 were recovered by the defense. So he actually only has 29 turnovers.
    #notallfumbles

17. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Ask his uber driver that time about redemption. So being a great role model excuses him from rape? Probably on several different occasions?

And here I thought I had filtered all the nolies on this site.

Remember this too... when initially asked about Erika Kinsman, Winston lied. Then when asked about having sex with her, he lied again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    fda keeps saying the charges were dropped.
    Let's remember that the TPD went out of their way to NEVER INVESTIGATE until many months had passed.
    So of course charges were never filed- all chances of corroborating evidence were gone by the time public pressure forced them to start doing an investigation many months later.
    That's not a mark in JW's favor. It's actually a mark against him.
    If TPD thought he was innocent, they would have investigated and then cleared him. No muss, no fuss.
    So if that's your reasoning to defend him, you need to re-think. It's actually evidence he was guilty.

FYI- the accuser didn't know Winston's name, but she did know he had a friend (or roommate) named Chris, who was on the football team.
    Chris Casher was the only Chris on FSU at that time, and TPD STILL didn't go to Casher for questioning.
    (Casher and JW were roommates, so if they had tried they could have started the investigation immediately.)

Instead she had a class w/ him the following semester, and followed up w/ TPD when she figured out who he was after seeing him in that class.
    And still they didn't do an investigation.

Do we know exactly what happened? Of course not- because TPD made sure of that.

What we do know is the accuser went to the SANE nurse and had a rape kit performed on her the very night it happened.
    I'm not familiar with this (thank the Lord), but I understand it's very intrusive.
    A young woman doesn't subject herself to this without a good reason.

Someone said we would feel differently if JW was a Gator.
    Actually, if he was a Gator, there would have been a full investigation. Which is what happened w/ Treon.

So we would know, as much as anyone can know. If he was guilty, he would have been kicked off.
    If not (like Treon), then he would have been vindicated. Or at least rightfully cleared.

I will say this- it takes a complete scumbag to defend TPD and Winston.
    While we don't know everything, we do know a lot of things.
    Like TPD's complete refusal to investigate, and the accuser's willingness to put herself through hell. Including a rape kit.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  19. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Is this thread ready for Too Hot?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Long story short the police, coaches, and administration covered up the entire story to keep their undefeated season intact. I bet you think the NFL acted too harshly too after suspending his dumb@$$ for assaulting the Uber driver.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1