Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Will Blackshear be drafted?

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gator34654, Jan 28, 2020.

1. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I hear that Don Devoe is ready to come in and establish discipline for the team next year. That should work.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. bposs

bposs GC Hall of Fame

Sep 3, 2010
    Woodstock, GA
    Why can’t he put his left heel down when he runs? Health issues?

3. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    If I recall correctly it was something he inherited from his father.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gatuar

Gatuar GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2008
    Ponte Vedra Beach
    Tries hard not sure what all the hype was about ...how did he succeed in the ACC?

5. murphree_hall

murphree_hall All American

Jul 11, 2019
    Exactly why I think Mike White is getting a bad rap. Our players just aren't performing to the level we thought they would.

6. hobegator

hobegator Junior

May 16, 2017
    Hobe Sound
    Hard to see Blackshear getting anything more than a D league look.

Lewis would be better served by another year. He's got some skills but the inconsistency will be a tough sell in the NBA

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  7. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    G League

8. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    I think both Scottie and Tre would improve immensely with the sophomore jump. Both need to mature more and grow into their bodies, adding weight and muscle, get knock off/ around with whatever they try to do. The SEC is a very physical league. You excel in the SEC, you have a very good chance to make an NBA roster. Even Quez can get to the basket regularly, but if blocked out, has a short step back shot. He also has a warrior mentality and confidence he can get the ball to go down. These young guys will improve with time, but working on all facets of their games (driving and finishing when the opportunity arises, inside the arc finishing/ shooting and three point shooting) plus gaining muscle mass/weight, would help their careers in basketball.

9. gatordd

gatordd Premium Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Not athletic enough for NBA

10. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Legend

Jul 24, 2010
    No..barely will make post-season play. White has not demonstrated the ability to coach/prepare people for the next level...European league is where he is going.

11. 407king

407king GC Hall of Fame

Dec 8, 2018
    Lol, he could have Phil Jackson, Popovich and Kerr working with him and it won't matter. They can't hide his athleticism issues. This isn't a CMW issue.

• Agree Agree x 1