Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Why was i banned 3 days from posting in the DeSantis threa

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by buckeyegator, May 22, 2020.

1. tompettygator

tompettygator Freshman

Nov 18, 2018
    I'm not sure what butt-kissing has to do with this, but I guess you have to get it how you get it.

Also, whom do you ask when you have no idea where to go?

Why not make it a public thread? Would you have known that the mods are enforcing the rules differently had @buckeyegator not started this thread?

2. tompettygator

tompettygator Freshman

Nov 18, 2018
    Can we keep this on topic, please and thank you?

3. LLCoolJ94

LLCoolJ94 GC Hall of Fame

Are you going to ignore someone simply because he disagreed with you?

[​IMG]

4. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Thanks for replying to my off-topic post, thus giving it more airplay. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Florida
    T
    "Racist" is a valid description of a mindset. "Moron" or "SOB" (which got me banned from a thread) are simply insults. I learned my lesson. You need to learn yours and quit the public whinning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    I completely disagree. Moron & SOB are also descriptive & efficient. This bias against name calling versus more sophisticated & usually ultimately more insulting forms of discourse is something that has always bothered me. The reason for it, I think, is the former creates a simple “bright line” while the latter requires far more effort. In all seriousness, IMO, it is subtle yet virulent form of discrimination.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Just learn how to insult people subtly and under the guise of friendly banter and you never have to worry about it. Suckers.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. tompettygator

tompettygator Freshman

Nov 18, 2018
    I think calling someone a racist is an incredibly inflammatory action, and reprehensible if false.

From your post above, that you have NOT learned your lesson, whatever that may be, is clear.

I am not sure who you think you are to tell random strangers about their lives and what they "need" to do.

Given your ban history, it sounds like you may have an anger problem. Maybe you would be better served seeking help for it rather than attacking people online anonymously behind a keyboard. If you're getting banned so often, should you really be giving advice about posting? Honestly, nobody was even talking to you. That you think asking for clarification and an even application of the rules is "public whining" is telling. In my experience, only those whom are tyrannically bent respond this way.

I'll wait for what I'm sure will be an even more odious response than your previous.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. LLCoolJ94

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    just wanted to know why moron was so bad, did not expect all this pent up emotion

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. LLCoolJ94

On the basis of some of the replies, you could think you had asked something egregious! Who would have thought that a combination of not knowing where else to turn and seeking clarification and transparency was so contentious?!

12. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    upload_2020-5-23_0-43-46.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    I got through the first page. And decided I need to run a test. Maybe I came back too soon.

The Michigan Governor is a xxxxx. That is actually about as nice as it gets for her.

If I get banned from this thread for three days. So be it. It will be the first time I have been banned for anything. I have been warned a couple of times because we have a few that ironically post on a forum called too hot yet then cry to moderators about their feelings when it is nothing big (why I stopped posting). I have never reported anyone. Allowing the thread to go provides context. I get it if someone ate bat soup and goes Corona crazy. But too hot got way too sensitive.

So here it goes. Pushing the “POST REPLY” button...

:):Do_O:confused::devil:

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2020
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  14. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Yeah, you came back too soon.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Take it from me who's been banned several times for insults in the past. It took a lot of whining from certain posters for them to start this form of protection, while I think they meaning the mods overact quite a bit on this matter, they're put in a tough spot and attempting to do the best they can. You need to realize also several posters here will constantly report you just trying to get you banned that's their fun in life, I know several that have in the past and most likely still do to me, I just ignore most of them who have done this to me.

16. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You said man up, coming from you that's funny

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Oh, Trump has taught you and other much more. This ban that's being done is for those who need cuddling, I won't list any names because you know I'm very sensitive those on TH

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Lacuna is the only mod who checks for that

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    River has me on speed dial

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    See this is what happens when you start banning for insults, what doesn't bother you may bother others so they're forced to ban for every insult that they see. This is how my response will look soon I completely think you're an *&*%$ for that ******* comment you little *&^%$. It was nice talking to you have a good weekend, sorry we couldn't see eye to eye on this