Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Why is UF playing in a full stadium tonight?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by altalias, Sep 4, 2021.

1. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    The topic is about attending football games in a packed stadium in the middle of a pandemic, not about watching them on TV. I certainly will be watching football on TV, damn sure won't be attending.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. GrandPrixGator

GrandPrixGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm vaccinated and will have my N95 on. I don't see that as being very risky. I am kind of surprised how many folks aren't wearing masks at the games I'm watching on TV. That doesn't seem very smart.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Stugis bike...

....WEEK.

vs a single 3 hour game.

...and it yielded a mild spike, not a 'super spreader.'

Bet yall wouldnt be getting your pantys all wadded up if 90,000 ppl gatherrd to sing kumbaya around a bon fire for 10 hours, for George Floyd or some other lefty approved/ neo-prog cause.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    (...good thing we're already in Too Hot...)

:D

5. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    I attended a couple of different outdoor events that were pretty congested. No issues have come out of them. My concern for a football game would be for the congestion in the concourses which would probably make me feel pretty uneasy. I don't know of any issues from outdoor exposures and im generally pretty conscientious and respectful of the seriousness of Covid

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Yeah, those "rules" are pretty damn fickle as far as rules go...

Which is one of the BIGGEST reasons for all the blow back.

If it were actually science based, it wouldn't be so damn fickle.

Instead, the political hackery of control freak neo-progs has polluted the pool so, that the world is tuning their sorry asses out, and happy to risk their very lives for it.

That's gotta mean something..

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    The problem is that all the extra cases have to be dealt with by overwhelmed hospitals and innocent people will get less care, including those there for non covid cases. If the unvaxxed die good riddance, but why is it fair to everybody else to put up with the resulting carnage?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    outdoors might be the key. You and your trump followers had indoor events which appears to be problematic. But I know its all about blindly following dear leader and spouting baseless claims he won the election with zero proof. So no time to concern trump followers for safety for indoor events. Plus anti-mask, anti-fax, anti-science is just “owning the libs”. Just ask MTG congratulating a Alabama crowd for being the least vaxxed.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Sorry science doesn't work for you and evolves. Delta is about 3 times as transmissible.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Im all for science.

It's the political prostitution of it, that's nauseating.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Legend

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    I believe a lot of people are letting personal emotions influence their thoughts… and that’s ok. But it doesn’t mean everyone should follow suit or change facts.
    I feel bed for front line responders. EMT, police, nurses, doctors who are all under undue stress and danger from the virus. I also realize that this is their job, what they trained for and signed up for. To be in dangerous situations.
    I feel bad for the teachers that are trying to educate with CoVid protocols and CoVid dangers. I feel bad for restaurant owners who can’t find anyone to work. And I hope all of them are compensated for their time and efforts. And no, money doesn’t solve or change the stress and fear that comes with some these jobs I mentioned. But it is a way of making the job “worth” the effort, stress and fear. And if it isn’t… quit.
    For those that fear, are concerned and worried. Stay home. Get vaccinated and stay inside. Wear a mask when you go to the park or drive your car. Don’t visit with any family members that may have had a chance of contact. But the vast majority of us will enjoy the weekend. We will enjoy family and friends. We will cookout. We will go to games and concerts and we will take our own chances and make our own decisions. Just as those who stay inside have done.

12. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    News flash: Trump hasn't been POTUS since January 20.

Get help for that TDS thing already...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I've not known a soul who's died of covid ......until today, when I learned three people I know in Lakeland died over the last few days. One was older, the other two weren't. I'm vaccinated, but I wouldn't go to the game for a million dollats. (Add a zero and I might.:rolleyes:)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Legend

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Why are people insulting others? It’s a personal decision.
    If you don’t want to own a gun because the Science says you are far more likely to get shot if you own a gun… don’t own one. If you want to own a gun, understand the risks, and feel you have taken the precautions that you feel comfortable with… own a gun.
    If you want to own a pit bull because you love the breed and you know how to handle large aggressive dogs - own a pit bull even if the science says you are far more likely to get bit. If you are concened by the big dog biting you… don’t own one.
    If you feel comfortable with having the vaccine and going out to games and concerts go out and enjoy. If you don’t want the vaccine and understand the risks you are taking… don’t get the vaccine. If you are concerned with being in A large crowd outside don’t go to the game. Watch it on TV from the safety of your home.
    Make your own personal decision and live with the consequences.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    that’s great, so ok to bring up events from last summer (your post) but blind followers of dear leader get into a twist when trump is brought up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    And if someone is concerned about dui they shouldn’t drive?

17. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Legend

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Sorry for your lost. We (my family) have lost several family friends to CoVid over the last month. All we’re older and all we’re struggling with other complications but it is still a lost and he’s to take.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Legend

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    How concerned are you? Yeah. When I was in New Orleans tried not to drive New Year’s Eve and Mardi Gras because of the number of drunk drivers.
    I don’t drink because I think there are too many negatives to verses the positives. Again.. personal decisions.

19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    This country is full of dumb people. Not saying that this is peculiar to America. I wondered about it, but I've heard about fighting over masks in other democracies. Not of course in places like China, where you're told you will wear a mask, forget about your "freedom."

20. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    You got 'long TDS' or something?

You keep bringing him up, obsessing...

In context of this discussion, the only thing that's noteworthy, is that Trumps rallies were called out for covid spreading, but the peaceful kumbaya love in riots....

...never were.

*#SCIENCE!!!*

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1