Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

why are so many fully vacinated testing positive?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by buckeyegator, Jul 17, 2021.

1. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Why wouldn't the Trump's get the Trump vaccine?

:cool:

2. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I have heard this same refrain from some people in North Carolina. It also making the rounds on facebook as explained by such experts as a former Navy Seal demolitions expert - who of course is now an expert in virus vaccines.

So, for those unable to conduct basic internet searches, here is the CDC definition of a vaccine, also the same definition found in the dictionary if that is easier to use:

Vaccine Basics

3. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Cmon man. The corona virus is the the common cold virus. Have we got a cure for the CC? Covid 19 is pretty much a mutated version of the CC. Damn thing seems weaponized (and came from THE Chinese bio-weapons lab in Wuhan--unless you subscribe to the magic bat shitting weaponized dump on a wet market mularkey...in Wuhan's backyard of course....pure coinkydinky..... oh, and the human engineering is further evidenced by the swiftness with which 'the code' magically manifested, and was so easily 'discovered').

It's a legit vax--as much as Covid 19 is a legit virus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Ironically, it is very likely the Trumps received the non-Trump vaccine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. persuader

persuader GC Legend

Feb 2, 2015
    Florida
    ^^^
    Pure, unproven speculation above. Or, is this intended as satire?
    But, regardless of the origin, the virus is upon us and wreaking havoc. Left unchecked, it will continue to mutate and potentially devastate our population and our economy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Maybe you should educate yourself regarding coronaviruses. This is from the NIH:
    Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that usually cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory tract illnesses, like the common cold. However, three new coronaviruses have emerged from animal reservoirs over the past two decades to cause serious and widespread illness and death.

There are hundreds of coronaviruses, most of which circulate among such animals as pigs, camels, bats and cats. Sometimes those viruses jump to humans—called a spillover event—and can cause disease. Four of the seven known coronaviruses that sicken people cause only mild to moderate disease. Three can cause more serious, even fatal, disease. SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV) emerged in November 2002 and caused severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). That virus disappeared by 2004. Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) is caused by the MERS coronavirus (MERS-CoV). Transmitted from an animal reservoir in camels, MERS was identified in September 2012 and continues to cause sporadic and localized outbreaks. The third novel coronavirus to emerge in this century is called SARS-CoV-2. It causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), which emerged from China in December 2019 and was declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organization on March 11, 2020.
    Coronaviruses

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    So? Wuhan just coinkydinky, right?

You carry commie water, and pretend to insinuate that they couldn't have cultivated Covid19 from samples-bat, monkey, who gives a shit--in their lab?

...they were just being cagey about their research, in concealing and destroying recs?

Whatever bro...

YOU drink that pinko Kool aid all YOU want.

I ain't buying that mound of cow shit for a New York nano second....

8. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    More like compelling deductive reasoning, vs buying the takes-a-helluva-strecth-to-swaller self-serving Chi-com propaganda bullshit fairy tale version....

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Funny story. My 15 y/o daughter was dead set against getting vaxed (my other 2 boys and wife and I are all vaxed). Wife was adamant about her getting vaxed; I was open to hearing her reasons. I told her to write out a list of pros and cons for vax, have it ready for me when I got back home from work. But before I left, I asked her if she knew how vaccines worked--she explained it very solidly, and succinctly, indicating that she knew and understood (how a compromised sample of the virus is introduced--enough for the defenses to recognize the danger as such, and attack it upon recognition--but not active enough to pose a real threat (streamlined paraphrase version...)...all I added to that was yes, exactly--you're working with your immune system, not really introducing some foreign chems).

With in the hour, my wife texted me that she had changed her position, and elected to get the vax.

She basically talked herself into it; reasoned her way there.

IMHO, that's indicative of 'the key'.

The brow beating, finger wagging, mocking approach does nothing more than force folks to entrench deeper into their position, prompting them to become more emotionally invested in it, and less inclined to reason.

Just one of those things that's much better soft peddled, than thrust upon, I think.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. persuader

persuader GC Legend

Feb 2, 2015
    Florida
    Your thinking here is less than brilliant imo. It certainly could have been created in a lab. No reason for that not to be a reasonable guess. But, to so broadly denounce any other possibility is really ridiculous. Historically, the animal to human vector theory is more likely.

Edit: Also, your explanation of how a vaccine works is only correct for the more traditional vaccine types we are most familiar with. mRNA vaccines don’t work that way. But, congrats to your daughter for reaching an intelligent decision about receiving the shot. And i also love the way you helped guide her to that decision.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Actually it was predicted, usually virus become more virulent but less deadly, that's because the virus needs live hosts to spread and stay around.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. MeyerIsBack

MeyerIsBack GC Legend

Jan 4, 2010
    Haha... Completely missed the Pfizer in parenthesis. Pretty sure the Moderna vaccine ruined my reading skills

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Anyone spouting off the 99% of hospitalizations are unvaccinated garbage might want to stop using that false metric. The odds of that being true while the UK is at 60% of Vaccinated being hospitalized doesn't jive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    For kids sure (and I commend you for your approach with your daughter). But we've got grown "adults" mocking the "vaccine" (note those who place it in quotes). Some of them are guilty of spreading the kind of misinformation that is contributing to rising case loads, etc. and that will lead for further shutdowns/restrictions. You want us to coddle them and speak sweet words? Logic, reason, and statistical evidence haven't worked.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida

16. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Pfizer.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    It should be noted that he later corrected this statistic:

This is despite the fact that the UK has much higher rates of vaccination, which means that the pools are of disproportionate size compared to the US.

However, as he pointed out later in that same press conference, people continuing to be unvaccinated are increasing the total number of people in the hospital, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, by continuing the spread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Context helps. This is the UK, where 68% of all adults are fully vaccinated, and an additional 20% have at least one shot. And that 60%? Represent just over under of the 742 admitted to the hospital on the day of the report. And just under half of the 4,317 admitted this past week. To put this in perspective, Florida has about 3,200 COVID hospitalizations last week and a population of of about 21.5 million. Population of the UK is over 66.5 million. Florida has full vaccination rate of 47.8%, and 1 shot at 55.6%. Assuming all things equal, if the UK had Florida's vaccination rate, you'd see over 9,500 in the hospital instead of 4,300!

Vaccines work! They aren't cures, and there will be breakthrough cases, with some of them serious. But overall, UK has 3X the population, but because they have significantly higher vaccination rates, they do not have a corresponding 3X in the hospital. Only about 1.34X.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    So 40% instead of 60%. Just a tad more than the 1% garbage the US is trying to sell to people.

• Like Like x 1
  20. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

LOL. Keep making up stuff. You are like the CDC. 1% is a flat out lie. It's ok to call it out. Who said the vaccines don't work? They don't work as well as the CDC is spouting off. The UK and Israel are proof of that. Plus, when you calculate a Covid+ for an unvaccinated person(higher PCR limit) differently than a vaccinated person(lower PCR Threshold). You aren't comparing apples to apples.

Only persons who shouldn't be vaccinated are kids. Think anyone over 18 should get the vaccine. Just don't like people making up numbers, and that is exactly what the CDC is doing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1