Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Who wins the Democrat Nomination version #2

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, Feb 5, 2020.

1. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013

Bloomberg explaining we will have to save on medical expenses by denying older people treatment. I wonder what his younger person age limit is?

2. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    I am almost 70 and he is absolutely right. Society is not ready for that but it will have to be one day. Case in point was a doctor who wanted to do a procedure on my 92 year old aunt. We would not agree because it was too hard on her and she was dying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    Yep it should be a family/individual decision and not some govt panel. Bloomberg's thinking leads to crazy thinking like that Logan's Run movie where you get zapped at like 35 years old or some cutoff age in carousel.

4. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    I disagree and believe that is nothing but scare tactics. However, I won't derail the thread talking about that particular issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Klobuchar was telling me that she was smarter. Or at least I think she was telling me that. She was too busy throwing staplers and office chairs at me.

6. altalias

altalias GC Legend

Aug 13, 2008
    Helpful hint, just remember the third one.. Senor or Senora the third one.

7. altalias

altalias GC Legend

Aug 13, 2008
    Trump will not be the Democrat nominee. While not knowing the president of a bordering state who happens to be our third largest trading partner is not a deal breaker it is close. If I were favoring her I would now be looking more closely at Biden or Bloomberg.

8. altalias

altalias GC Legend

Aug 13, 2008
    This reminds me of Rush attacking mayor Pete. (It didn't happen.)
    Bloomberg said if a man has prostate cancer... (Exaggerated beyond belief.)

Guess what we already do. My father had prostate cancer at 89. His doctor told him you are very likely to die of something else before this. His suggestion? "In the absence of pain I recommend you do nothing."

He did die of something else.

There is absolutely nothing shocking about what Bloomberg said.

Sorry, I know that its confusing to the tribes when someone defends Rush one day and Bloomberg the next. It's true. Neither the dems nor the pubs would claim me.

9. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    Nope Bloomberg was making clear his views and using the most extreme example to try and downplay we need to reduce costs by denying older people certain treatments.

10. altalias

altalias GC Legend

Aug 13, 2008
    I found the exact quote on a right wing site. I don't think they did him any favors.

If you show up with prostrate cancer and you’re 95 years old, we should say go and enjoy, you’ve had a long life, there’s no cure and we can’t do anything.

11. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Bloomberg is right. We shouldn't be paying for expensive cancer treatments for a 95 year old. If the family wants to pay for it out of their own pockets then by all means they can do so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Trump not knowing India and China share a border should be close to a deal breaker too, right?

13. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013

Steyer 19% Klobuchar 16% Biden 14% Sanders 13% Buttigieg 13% Warren 7%

Crazy if even close to accurate though NV is known for polls being off many times. Maybe Steyer ran a ton of ads there. I doubt Bernie could be lower than 2nd in NV.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  14. altalias

altalias GC Legend

Aug 13, 2008
    I think writing in Trump for the democrat nomination would be a waste of your vote.
    I didn't defend Trump. But if similar things disqualify Trump they should disqualify Amy as well.
    I am registered independent so I won't vote for anyone.

15. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I plan to just sell popcorn.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Real ones are not "on board" with any of that. But you also leave out the policies that we can't except from the extreme left as well. But we are not "for" and of those things.

17. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It doesn't matter who the Democratic nominee is. If he or she can't beat the likes of Trump, then America will be dead meat as far as Constitutional government is concerned. If he or she does beat Trump, which should be as easy as falling off a log, then there's still some hope.

The American republic is around 250 years old. But there's a big difference between it and the old people for whom Bloomberg wants to stop medical treatment for deadly diseases like cancer. Trump is a disease, and if it gets four more years with no treatment it will kill America before anything else does.

18. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce All American

Nov 21, 2018
    I disagree. Not that I think Trumpnis great...not by any means. But I dont think four more years if Trump will make anymore difference than 4 more years if Obama did.
    I know....some on here HATE Ttump, just as so.e HATED Obama. But the truth is both did some good and some wrong tonour country. And the truth is our country will continue to keep on keeping on.

And if Trump does win again...maybe it's because that's what Americans want? It's not like Trump has been in hiding for four years. Voters know exactly who he is and what he offers.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Legend

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I didn't leave out the policies they won't accept from the extreme left, it just wasn't part of the discussion.
    If the religious right isn't going to stand up to trump more (there has been some cases where they have), then they come across as being for it. Silently standing on the sidelines doesn't seem like a strong stance.

20. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    Reading some of the takes from the left I have a feeling Nov 2020 is going to be real eye opening. I just don't see Bernie, Biden or Bloomberg(who is getting destroyed by the Bernie Bros on twitter etc. for all his past statements) defeating Trump or even coming anywhere close to doing it in the important swing states. The crooked leftist leaning media is now trying to do a hit job on Bernie but I think he may survive it just like Trump did when the more establishment conservative media began an all out Never-Trump assault on him around the SC primary in 2016.