Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Who signed to FSU? Lol

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Diesel350z, Jan 3, 2019.

1. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Legend

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Who signed. Commentator was killin it and didn’t even realize

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Great question DAG. UA ought to be more selective on who they bring in as coaches. You’d think character and coaching ability would outweigh the lack of both in Sanders case. Was happy to see the kids not cave in to his inappropriate close for Willie.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. minnesotagator

minnesotagator Freshman

Nov 26, 2017
    Too far north
    Big props, Love this! A big thank you to you!!

4. thomlch

thomlch Junior

Dec 17, 2018
    It's hilarious now looking at the Noles pathetic attempt at momentum when compared to our coordinated onslaught today.

In the span of mere hours Steele drops, Perine, Shuler and Jefferson all announces returns with emphatic well written statements solidifying our program and their commitment to the Standard.

Willie is so in over his head.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    How many stars are Shuler, Steele, Jefferson, and Perine worth? Also a healthy Marco Wilson. I know they are worth at least two extra wins next year. 11-2 vs 9-4 looks much better to recruits, no?

Some wrote them off to the NFL (and to the west coast for Steele).

Recruiting Rankings be darned...

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Scarlett was a big punishing powerful back. Best RB picking up blitz

Polite was our best pass rusher and never took any plays off. Constant pressure and effort

Chauncey was leader of defensive secondary in terms of positioning and alignment. Keeper of DBU tradition

All 3 tight ends at top of depth chart are gone. Not great pass catchers, but very effective blockers and disciplined on assignments

4 starting OL depart, including our two tackles with several years of starting experience. This will be more difficult to replace than people realize

We lost some very good players and there will be drop off initially. I’m most concerned with our OL and pass blocking (OTs to block speed rushers, blocking TE, and RB to pick up blitz)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. thomlch

thomlch Junior

Dec 17, 2018
    All valid.

I think the hope is Pierce steps in to complement Perine as the physical back.

Dean moves the CGJ spot with Wilson and Hendo on the edges.

Polite gets offset by Zuniga returning and hopefully Greenard coming along with development of the younger guys to make a step like Polite did.

TE we'll have to see specifically on Lewis. But at least we have more options now.

OL I'm not going to trying to minimize the losses there. That's going to be rough and you hope the coaches earn their bones.

Then other areas you have to look at year over year, Safety and LB you hope improve by another year of experience. Hopefully QB spot continues to improve and the depth is much better. The WRs are basically back and should be improved YOY. So while some positions will move back hopefully others advancing help us advance as a team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Oline is my only major concern and Chauncey will be missed more as our anchor even though his is very talented. We should have the talent in the secondary but someone else needs to be responsible for pointing out where the noles need to line up.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    The turnstiles loaded up this year
    Bringing in three bodies one legit
    One QB and the turnstiles

Doubt he is playing that last game

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce Junior

Nov 21, 2018
    We lose a lot no doubt BUT let's all take a moment to remember where this team was a year ago.
    We were all sure oline would be a massive weakness. Our TE were all more or less considered busts.
    Perine was expected to be good but not exceptional.
    Now look at what happened. If we can make the strides we dis last year I feel like the coaching staff can do the same for next year. Pitts will be a very good te. As will zipp.
    Pierce has shown flashes of being exceptional. The WR corps is going to be deep, fast and talented.
    Oline....I'm hoping for lots and lots of progress and one grad transfer.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Legend

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    It’s amazing how much a really good o line fixes multiple positions. This is true for all levels of football. I don’t think people truly understand the underlying sentiment of why it’s a line of scrimmage league. O line immediately improves running game , a well above average rb becomes game changing. Qb play becomes better than it maybe should be bec there’s time to slow game down , not freak out as ff has a tendency to do and let routes develop. Pretty good wr’s Have more time to separate from really good corners. Same for d line. All the sudden pretty good corners become strengths and really good ones become absolutely shutdown corners. Lb’s safeties so on and so forth

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Legend

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Long story short I like where his head is with signing all the o line he did. We all wish we coulda gotten more top shelf d lineman but he’s gotta keep plugging. That guy knows his ish. Counting this year there’s never been a time cdm was here that I thought “man this offense looks incompetent”. There’s literally no reason available to not give that guy all the rope he needs. If u include every arm chair player personnel expert in here and cdm then u have a grand total of one that’s succeeded at the job we need him too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Legend

Sep 4, 2017
    Keep winning and they're gonna come. I see it being like that. There's A LOT of uncommitted DT's in the 2020 class. 247 has 30 DT's listed as a 4* or higher and with the attrition we'll have following next year, early PT and our second 10 plus win season will be an easy selling pitch.

My biggest concern is never having the players, but maintaining our coaching staff. Not sure of Coach Salsari has that NFL itch again or get the call to be a DC again. Same with Grantham. Those are the only two i'm worried about losing within the next 2-3 seasons

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  14. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Legend

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Man I’ve always felt coaching in college is much more important than in the pros. If you are lucky enough to get the staff zeroed in where u want it it behooves u to g all of them up. It’s one of very few depts that it’s not worth pinching pennies if u have what u need. Coaching is the o & d lines of the rest of the program. Everything else seems to get magically better when it’s in the right spots

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    We'll have coach turnover as success comes. Have no doubt that Mullen will have plenty of excellent replacements lined up and willing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Legend

Sep 4, 2017
    Yea man I agree. With success comes promotion(s) with your staff to coordinator/head coaching jobs with other schools.

17. cudagator

cudagator Sophomore

Feb 22, 2017
    Do NFL DCs get paid as much as Grantham or the LSU DC?

18. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    Pretty much all of them are 7 figure. I would say closer to Aranda than Grantham. Aranda makes a buttload of money, but lsu doesn’t have to pay their head coach much.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019