Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Who has become me?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by kes, Oct 29, 2022.

1. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    I come to this site for info. Not much else. I have been a Gator fan since the early 80’s. Had a “Gator Getter”. Sat in the end zone. Been in the locker room after games. Seen unknown number of games. Literally 40 or so in person and (8 games x 40 yrs = 320 on tv to be very conservative). Watched the rise of UF and the heyday. Watched the fall. Been to Orlando for the Miss St games back when. Went to first 3 SEC champ games we were in. Saw Quez broke in half in ‘95.

Used to set my day around games. Missed birthdays, weddings and it didn’t matter what. Planned around UF football.

All this to say-

You know where I was today? Working on my farm until 3:00. Showered and went to dinner with my nephew. I didn’t even record the game. Last game I went to? 4 yrs ago.

Make me go to the games and plan my weekend around it again. I really have little desire anymore. If I record games, I fast forward to see them in about 30 minutes. Listen on the radio if it happens to be convenient. I can’t be the only one. I would love nothing more than to be a die hard again.

The cost and product do not jive. If tickets, travel, and sheer cost were affordable, I would go. They are not. What has this become? Love what I remember but those days are gone. Tebow was 13 yrs ago.

Caught start of game on radio. 3 possessions and (3) 3 and outs for 16 yds. 14-0. Hate to say it but I have a lot I can do and this is becoming number 5-6-10 in priority. Make me a believer again. I’m not enjoying this.

No, I don’t want coach fired. I just don’t think I care anymore. Do Something!!

• Agree x 20
    • Friendly x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  2. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    There is no way out of this complete rebuild of a job but via recruiting and patience.

That being said Napier needs to consider giving up playcalling and hiring a top notch OC for $3 million a year.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. GoCocks3877

GoCocks3877 All American

Nov 14, 2015
    I’m a Carolina Gamecock fan…

You don’t even know about struggles. lolol

• Funny x 22
    • Winner x 7
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 4
    • Friendly x 2
    • Informative x 1
  4. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 26, 2017
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  5. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    There's always other stuff to do, so I get that.

For me I just love watching our team play - win or lose.

Naturally I enjoy it more when we win but even in today's game with that terrible start.....we started coming back and at one point were only 8 points behind with over a quarter left to play. So you just never know.

I usually have something I work on while the game is on so I multi-task. I feel more productive that way.

Today I watched while at my Mom's house working on hurricane damage repairs. In fact, I didn't leave there until 11pm and am going back tomorrow to try and wrap up most of it.

I think it's different for everyone and having a forum like this is good for those who feel the need to vent, so hopefully that helps.

• Like x 6
    • Winner x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  6. Mikog8tor

Mikog8tor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2010
    We'll DM you when it's time to come back. Sounds like you're being more productive with your time.

It's painful to watch but I apparently like the pain. Will make the come back all that much more sweet.

• Like Like x 2
  7. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    IT… IS ….NOT … THE OFFENSE

BUUUUT …in defense of the defense, it was one of their better games. Sometimes, the #1 team in the country is just better than you.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  8. g8r925

g8r925 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 10, 2009
    Immokalee,fla
    I haven’t sat through a game all season. I just have better things to do with my time. I work 60 hrs a week most weeks. So I can either watch a bad gators team play and it put me in a terrible mood or enjoy time with my wife and kids doing something else. I’ll take option two!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    Just to be clear, I’m not asking you or other posters to make me come back. I’m asking UF football to give me something to enjoy and, come back to. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

Did anyone see the missed pick on the first drive? That’s Florida football. Not hating. Just true. I quit watching the replay there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    "Do Something" , what does that even mean ???

Don't go to games, don't watch games, don't even listen yet feel the need to post about those feelings on message board. I can't relate to that logic.
    I get the family/work stuff, but if I checked out on the team, I certainly wouldn't be here posting about it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    I totally understand..I still go to games, still follow along here for away games or games I can't make...I guess being a couple hours away makes it easy for me to go to games..expense of tickets and gas for me..not bad....
    Having said all that...I certainly don't get as upset as I once did after a loss..I don't get as riled up as some..I used to...be depressed for a week..now..I am calm, certainly don't take the loss as the sky is falling any longer. Or jump off a ledge.not sure if it is because I have had other things happening in my life, unexpected death of a brother I was very close to along with some dear friends within the past year..I guess I now realize it is just a game..win or lose is not going to change what is going on in my immediate world..don't get me wrong tho..I still love and will continue to support our team, be a season ticket holder and booster, and donate to my university .."in all kinds of weather we all stick together for F-l-o-r-i-d-a "

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    I do find it kind of humorous that people who do not want to waste their time watching the Gators play will waste their time on a Gator forum just tell us that they don’t want to waste their time.

• Funny x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 4
    • Winner x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Best Post Ever x 2
    • Friendly x 1
  13. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Venting I guess

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. gatorcloud

gatorcloud VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. cdngator411

cdngator411 All American

Oct 28, 2017
    I am like you for the NFL the past 3-4 years. I still watch every Gator game, however the trend of college football is the thing that will lead to me checking out, vs what is happening at the program level overall. If they can't reign in and put some more structure on the NIL and portal, then I fear it won't be too much longer til I just check out or become casual myself. I'd also really love for signing day to go back to Feb only.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    I rarely watch any pro sports these days...watch UF..but don't watch all other college games like I once did..I used to watch game day, and replays and talk shows, listen to sport radio while driving..I don't do it anymore...stopped a few years back

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    Yes, of course venting.

“Do something” means make me return to the stadium and blow my money on all things gators. Make me watch. Make me go. Make me schedule around a game again.

That is all. I do appreciate the ridicule though. Please let me know when it’s safe to come outside again.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. g8r925

g8r925 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 10, 2009
    Immokalee,fla
    I mean I thought that a message board was exactly for this reason. To share your thoughts. But by all means all you die hards continue on. I’ll be over here cheering as always just not as fanatical as I once was. And to give you an idea as to how much I love our team this is what I drive

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. g8r925

g8r925 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 10, 2009
    Immokalee,fla
    upload_2022-10-30_1-32-32.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. gainesvillegreen44