Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Who gets the final three schollies? Plus one?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by ncbullgator15, Dec 14, 2019.

1. ncbullgator15

ncbullgator15 Sophomore

Jul 16, 2019
    Need a RB (Parrish/EJ?).
    Need a WR (Henderson?).
    Smith at DT.
    Harris at DE.

Plus one. Williams at S.

That is all.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Mine! :cool:

#GutFeeling

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ncbullgator15

ncbullgator15 Sophomore

Jul 16, 2019
    Great edit!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I would like to finish with Tim Smith and Donell Harris. I don't care what they're ranked, they're elite players who will be playing in the NFL in 3-4 years.

I don't know which RB is better, or what our team needs. I can't get into those debates.

I know that when we have a top-10 defense, we can beat anyone in America. We already have the pieces in place for a top-25 defense. If we finish with another premier DT and DE, I really don't think any offense in the NCAA (even 2019 version of LSU, Alabama with Tua, or Clemson) can score more than two TDs on us. We just need to complete the team

I know they'll sign a RB and WR... great! I just want Tim Smith and Harris

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. proudgator1973

proudgator1973 Premium Member

I think you have to get rid of the punter....or tell someone else there's no longer room for them because of the limitation on counters.

I would love to close with Henderson (or Heath), Tim Smith, Harris and Parrish (or EJ Smith)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ncbullgator15

ncbullgator15 Sophomore

Jul 16, 2019
    I beiieve a commitment from Harris would put us ahead of A&M at 247/Rivals (their loss/our gain).

Let's keep the FL boys signing with the good guys.

BTW, a shout out to the Candyman who posted we would get two commits on Friday. Spot on.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. GATOR_4Life

GATOR_4Life GC Legend

Aug 16, 2010
    Marietta, Ga
    Its not something i like to talk about but after this semesters grades and test scores are available there will be 2-3 current commits we drop.

ESD
    Harris
    Heath

Then for NSD
    Williams
    Gibbs/Parrish/White
    Henderson/Brown

That will leave 1 counter for a transfer.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Harris
    Hendo
    Parrish
    Smith
    Williams

• Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  9. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Such great news!

I don’t keep up with it as much as others. How many of these are early enrolees

10. graylon

graylon VIP Member

Sep 27, 2018
    This is the last 4 I hope we get

1) Harris
    2) Henderson
    3) tim smith
    4) Williams- he reminds me so much of Ed Reed these guys we have to find way to fit them in the class

Plus I would love to see Gibbs or Arian Smith if they wanted to come but I highly doubt it

11. beemerthegator

beemerthegator Senior

Dec 1, 2019
    Just stop and think about this situation for a moment:

How long has it been since we've had to have a discussion on what highly rated recruits we can take versus not take because our class is getting full and we have less slots than kids wanting to jump on board?

Definitely did not have this problem with McElwain. Maybe the Muschamp years, but of course then we were wondering what we were going to do with all the extra linebackers and d-lineman and few offensive skill players. We might have to go back to the Meyer heyday.

Things sure are looking up for Mullen and Co. I hop they can hit a few home runs at the receiver and RB slots to finish things up.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    My personal opinion is if we can pull in a truly elite special offensive talent on offense it will cut 2 years off the rebuild. A guy that can go off even if the team is having a bad day. Don’t care if it’s a rb, scat ,slot or true wr that touches the ball a million diff ways. Just a kid that makes the defense go oh shit when he gets the ball. We can absolutely succeed without it but I have no doubt with it we will cut this corner and worm hole this turn around shaving 1-2 years off the return to prominence. I’ve got confidence in dan either way and I think we are a container ship heading toward our objective that won’t be stopped

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I wish we had 7 open spots...

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Joaqui

Joaqui Junior

Jul 17, 2016
    I agree with Tim Smith and Donnell Harris being priority. That would give us an amazing haul at dl.

after I would like henderson and gibbs but im not sure either happen at this point. I’m not worried about the numbers bc good schools figure the numbers out always.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. dkgator

dkgator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Does Percy Harvin have any eligibility left?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. ncgator83

ncgator83 Sophomore

Dec 2, 2009
    Great situation for us to be considering limiting number of top recruits to take. I know the ship has probably sailed, but of we someone were to pull in Bowman, that puts us into a position where the playoff would be in play immediately. I think every name that has made it to this thread would impact the Gators for the good, but if I had to choose my top priority it would be to find a top notch safety, and for us to be in the hunt for Avantae Williams this late in the game says a lot about the Gators position with the top recruits. It seemed this year we lacked that presence at safety, the eraser like a Louis Oliver or Reggie Nelson type. We are having a great year, but it felt opponents' top receivers had their way with us. From box scores: Tamorrian Terry (FSU) 7 catches for 131 yards, Cager (UGA) 7 catches for 132 yards, Chase (LSU) 7 catches for 127 yards, Jefferson (LSU) 10 catches 123 yards, Japan Jennings (UT) 7 catches for 73 yards, Lynn Bowden (UK) 7 catches for 70 yards. I would love to see our secondary have that guy, or those guys, that never let receivers go off on us.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  17. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    Get rid of the punter, seriously? What do we do on 4th downs?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    Harris
    T Smith
    Brown
    Henderson
    RB with EJ the priority... then Parrish

19. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    We are finishing stronger than ever but one pressing for one of the guys (APK usually right on here) that understands roster limits, counters, transfers and how they fit, etc.

Am I correct in saying we only will have room for one transfer?

if so, we need to use that on a grad transfer that can provide immediate impact someone like Reese. Nobody better at taking transfers and making it work than Dan but if only one spot gotta be an experienced O line man.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Achieve a first down?

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2