Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Who are you pulling for and why?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Jan 13, 2020.

1. beemerthegator

beemerthegator Senior

Dec 1, 2019
    LSU.

At the end of the day, my loyalty will almost always go with the SEC when playing out of conference. It helps the whole SEC -- and the fact most of our fans root for each other's teams against outside competition is one of the things that helps make the SEC different. (For the record, there are some circumstances when I will root against the SEC --- like right now against Georgia because we need them to continue to be knocked down. But that is the exception for me.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

I'm pulling for LSU.....

1; They actually proved themselves this season, playing a real schedule, as opposed to Clemson

2; Let 'em have their time in the spotlight.....it's only going to be for this one season, with the depeature of Burrow

3; I eagerly anticipate listening to Orgeron's post-game presser.....I can just hear it now.....
    "Arguhs duddaruhlly guhdjub utdeah tonnut. Muhbuhburuh, wul, hizurguh. Guttigahs"

(Thanslation; Our guys did a really good job out there tonight. My boy Burrow, well, he's our guy. Go Tigers.)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. recongator

recongator GC Legend

Nov 26, 2017
    LSU
    Only because I want to see Coach O win one and only one national championship. After that I hope they never win another game

4. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Clemson, the only SEC team I want to see be successful is Florida, the rest of the conference are cheats and scum.

Also, Clemson wears Orange and Orange rocks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JaxGator75

JaxGator75 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    LSU. Too many FSU people at work riding the Clemson success wave these past few years.

• Like Like x 1
  6. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    "Facts"? It's a frivolous "who ya rootin' for" thread. There are no objective facts to parse.

But really, Geaux Tigers

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    Except for Aleva who is the epitome of all I detest in college athletics, I've always liked LSU. It's harder since we play em every year, but since I don't hate an every year game rival, that must say something good about the cajuns. Unlike UgA and F$U who I do hate. So I'm pulling for LSU but I think Trevor Lawrence is a extreme talent at QB

8. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    Umm, right. I said why I liked Clemson and you posted a meme mocking it.
    You didn't need to, but you did. You could have let it go, but you chose not to. So I called you on it.

You could have said why you thought I was wrong- maybe you wanted those QBs to go to UGA. IDK.
    So I was trying to get you to explain why you posted what you did.

9. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bro, you started the post stating you were going against the grain of the prior posts and I riffed off it. Apologies, not my intent to trigger the Clemson fans on the board with the levity.

But seriously, Geaux Tigers.

10. tafc_5_1981

tafc_5_1981 GC Legend

Dec 15, 2013
    SC
    Clemson is my #2 team (daughter is a Clemson grad) and I don't apologize for it. Dabo built a sustainable program to be competitive with great F$U and USCe teams. Did anyone in 2013 expect USCe to crash and burn in 2015 and F$U a few years later?

11. CockyInSeattle

CockyInSeattle GC Legend

Aug 4, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    I just think the losing QB should have to shave their head.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. thenazz

thenazz Junior

Sep 4, 2017
    Albuquerque
    LSU is my (far distant) second-favorite SEC team. And I root for SEC unless it's Georgia. And UF will add "lost to national champion ..." to the script for 2019.

If Clemson plays with passion and does the scrappy underdog bit, I might flip during the game. Because I don't really care -- but do expect to see a good game.

Go Gators.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gator_druid

Gator_druid All American

Oct 20, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I say the loser has to stop naming their stadium “Death Valley”.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. GATORAJE

GATORAJE GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    Luling, Louisiana
    Easy for me, GEAUX CLEMSON. Living in the New Detroit (oops, sorry meant New Orleans, Freudian slip there) area, and having to deal with the LSU faithful regularly, you could not pay me to root for L$U. And I could care less about SEC "brotherhood". Those scumbags would not be in our corner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Screw LSU, coon ass Coach O . The hell with the SEC

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. upstategator

upstategator All American

Nov 1, 2017
    LSU. I live near Clemson

17. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    You are my favorite poster ! Ever

• Like Like x 2
  18. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    And I thought we had something Gator Head ! Hell no ! Go Climpson

19. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    Clemson steals too many damn recruits out of FL

Toppling them down would mean well for us who are on the upswing

I dislike LSU too, but Clemson needs to start losing

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    How do you reconcile how “great” of a man he is with the evidence that his program is juicing young men, whether the athletes know it or not? Are you swallowing his “Gee, golly, gosh darn, I guess three of my players popped positive for PEDs because of something someone accidentally put in the pool”?

Spare me.

I can’t stand Saban either, but at least he doesn’t pretend he isn’t a utilitarian, cutthroat, win-at-all-costs a—hole. There’s a word for people who put an “all glory to God” face on, while they sharpen their knives in the dark for every unethical advantage. You want to say Dabo is a great coach, fine. Just don’t try to tell me he’s a great man.

• Agree Agree x 3