Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

White post game comments MSU

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by akaGatorhoops, Jan 10, 2018.

1. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    typing as I listen...

our guys were terrific defensively especially in the second half.
    the communication level continues to increase and out toughness continues to improve. Chris hasn't played for two days and still he gives us a bunch of minutes.

Viruses have been running thru the team, but we still played hard and I am pleased with intensity level. It was our best defensive performance of the year.

I didn't know how to manage Chris' minutes but he is such a tough kid. Whenver I took him out, he kept saying 'hey I'm ready'. But he had a different look tonite... body language, eye contact breathing--- but he gave everything he had tonite.

egor got it going tonite and out guards did good job of finding. And got stops that allowed transition. we had 15 uncharacteristic turnovers. but stops allow us to get out when struggling in half court.

we got punished a bit on interior in first half but we played more physical and more sound in second half. The catches were a bit tougher and not as deep for their bigs. Keith and Kevarrius continue to improve... defensively and overall activity. A month from now I think they will be even better.

mike was solid. he made pretty good decisions. he understands he needs to play within himself and let it come to him. he is talented defender with size and speed, but he needs to continue learning angles and assignments.

we had a really good effort mid second half. the big key was guarding one on one and keeping them out of point, and when they did get inside kervarrius was rotating, and keith and egor helping. and gak had some good minutes.

those stops were the key.

we had a few missed dunks we would like to have back but we will work on it.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Singaporegator

Singaporegator GC Hall of Fame

Yeah Coach, gotta work on those dunks! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. 33hoop

33hoop GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Appeared that Hudson wasn’t feeling up to par tonight either because you will rarely see him miss a dunk. That kid has big time leaping ability. I think he goes pro after this season. He has the size and can create his own shot. Lack of defensive intensity won’t be a huge factor in the NBA, he will fit right in. Be surprised if he returns next season.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    I've been thinking about this, too. I agree that his game fits the mold of the NBA game and he has the shooting and athleticism required, but that's just it; Seems like he has adequate tools, but are they really good enough for him to make a roster?

I dunno. Maybe I just want him to stay so I see it that way, it just seems like JH types are a dime a dozen in the NBA and he has nothing that really stands out. Don't mean that as a slam at all.

5. Ahab

Ahab GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hudson has been ranked as a borderline 1st round pick for most of the season so far. He'll definitely get drafted.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Best comment from CMW tonight, "We are a better road team much like last year."
    I can't wait for the post season SEC and NCAA tourneys. That will give us an advantage in many cases as long as we stay healthy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Nice summary, the 2 most important points are:

he is one tough SOB, glad we don't have to face him

it took a while for the kids either to figure out their respective roles on D or it took them a while to believe the alternative to playing hard on D was the alternative to sitting next to Coach

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I...just don't see it. Basketball skill? sure, why not. Athleticism? Nope.

9. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Considering how physically debilitated this team is, that was an amazingly good game.

I'll be surprised if Hudson doesn't go pro and get drafted fairly early.

10. the_alphagator1906

the_alphagator1906 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 26, 2013
    "Typing as I listen"....feels good to read that again...lol...oh and good recap. Thanks Lol

Oh and someone needs to explain to White the differences between bacteria and a virus..lol

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. JBSouthpaw

JBSouthpaw All American

Oct 30, 2013
    With Cheez, Hudson and Allen going 7-26 from the floor, this was a game we'd lose last month, not win by 15.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. KAGator67

KAGator67 All SEC

Feb 2, 2011
    I hope you are wrong.

13. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    I could see Hudson taking it to another level by end of season. I think he has the whole package. Just needs to realize that he can be as good as anyone else.

14. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I have been seeing Hudson "sitting down" a lot more on D. Those that have played the game know what I am talking about.

This is what I am talking about.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1