Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Whew what a relief

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by Speedofsand, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Speedofsand

Speedofsand GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Newman had me worried sick. Bad wreck on the last lap at Daytona. 'Not life threatening' isn't great news but I'll take it.

2. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Not to take this thread I the wrong direction...but I was following this closely on twitter, everyone thanking god for answered prayers etc. who they should be thanking are the nascar safety experts who have made cars that allow people to survive a crash like that. The t-bone alone would have killed anyone in a street car, and the wall shot was similar to the one that killed Dale.
    They have done an extraordinary job.

3. Speedofsand

Apr 8, 2007
    thank both. I just watched the replay. I do what I do to help all drivers and teams. We always revise things to make us safer too. We laugh at old photos with obvious danger signs no one did anything about until a need for it.

4. Speedofsand

Apr 8, 2007
    Amazing news today, he walked out of the hospital. I'm pretty sure he has some cracked ribs and/or other injuries and I'm blown away he is home in 2 days.

As for safety improvements, Dale killed Dale. He didnt wear a full face helmet, didn't install the belts properly, and was blocking until he wrecked.

This was a year before Dale Sr wrecked. It was also right in front of me. Geoff raced again the same year.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Speedofsand

Apr 8, 2007
    This was my view. I have a few more photos but they are very blurry

[​IMG]