Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Where are you at with Mike?

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by tilly, Feb 13, 2020.

Where do you stand with Mike White?

1. 100% on board regardless of the remaining games. (baring unforeseen epic collapse)

44.3%
  2. Has to make the dance to want him back

10.2%
  3. Need to make the 2nd weekend with this group, or I am am on board with a change.

9.0%
  4. 100% want him replaced regardless of the remaining games this season. (except deep run in tourney)

12.0%
  5. Must make the dance AND agree to shake up his staff for the sake of the offense.

24.6%
  1. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Logical fallacy much? Forgot the name of that one. Bueller?

2. wildcat76

wildcat76 Freshman

Feb 13, 2020
    I believe it boils down to what your personal values are. Obviously Mike White is an outstanding human being who exudes class, some folks are content with that and care about the team beyond wins and losses. If you want titles no matter the cost, he's clearly not your guy in this corrupt system. It's clear by now that White and the current staff have hit their first wall in success. How they'll rebound, who knows. I believe that they've got a ways to go in recruiting, maybe because they're the only clean staff and have to take ethical kids unwilling to take handouts. I've noticed that the kids in the program for the past 3-4 seasons have been clean cut, polite kids. They're really lacking alpha dogs to this point.

3. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I am not following you Max. I am guessing that you are saying that there is an error in my reasoning. If so, what is it?

4. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well... You present two alternatives as though they are the only options. It is entirely possible that someone could not be entirely satisfied with what White has some but see enough to believe that he is worth retaining. People do learn you know. Look at Ed O. There is a specific name for the logical fallacy you presented, I believe it is false dilemma.

5. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No. I presented 3 alternatives. Please reread the 2nd sentence of my post.

6. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    When did you edit that?

Edit.I in fact I misread the original you have my apologies. Perhaps I've spent too much time lately reading political articles.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  7. murphree_hall

murphree_hall All American

Jul 11, 2019
    How we win is important to me. I’d rather be clean and lose than dirty and win.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. enviroGator

enviroGator Premium Member

Apr 12, 2007
    White is a young coach coaching a young team.

The team seems to be getting better as the season goes on which is both a sign of good coaching and the fact the young team is adjusting to the new level.

He recruited LIGHTS OUT last year, and deserve a chance to see what those kids will do in year 2.

I'd give him another year 100%. If we have a slow start like this year next year, I'd start talking about a hot seat. But similar to what @tegator80 said, we ain't Duke. Thinking we can just reach out and snag a sure fire coach is a bit unrealistic.

• Like Like x 1