Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Whattagators' Special & Favorite Recipes

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by g8orbill, Jan 23, 2016.

1. WhattaGator

WhattaGator All Along The Watchtower Moderator VIP Member

If you have ground venison left, use a 2/3 - 1/3 venison to beef, andyou could make a good chili.

2. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Saw chicken soup recipes earlier....here's mine.

Buy a grocery store rotisserie chicken, or 2, if you are making alot. Buy the plain one, not bbq etc. Tear it apart w/ your hands into spoon size pieces. Dont put much skin in soup.

Saute some chopped onion, celery, and red pepper (I like the color) in olive oil. Drain off.

Put chicken and sauteed above into a pot w/ chicken broth, not water.

Start to simmer.

Then take a pinch of saffron, and heat a glass of water in micro wave, put saffron in, wait for it to turn yellow, dump into the pot w/ chicken etc and simmer. Now it is your decision to do rice or noodles in it. I like noodles, wife likes rice, so we eat rice often in the soup.

Key is saffron.

Lastly, when you make this you must as in must hum along Donovan's song, if not it loses a touch of flavor.

• Like Like x 2
  3. WhattaGator

I'm making some Lamb shoulder chops today.

I've got 4 Chops marinating right now....

Marinade;

1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    4 Cloves Garlic, Smashed and minced
    8-12 Lg. Leaves Fresh Basil, Chopped
    1/2 Tsp Kosher or Sea Salt
    1 Tbs Fresh Ground Black Pepper
    3 Tbsp Lemon Juice

Directions;

Reserve about 2 Tbsps of marinade for topping at end.

Combine all remaining ingredients, including Lamb Chops, into resealable gallon size plastic bag, remove as much air as possible so marinade covers as much of the chops as possible. Marinade in refrigerator, turning bag if necessary, for at least 4-6 hours.

Grill, spooning some of the marinade each time you turn the chops, except for the last time..

Plate chops, adding reserved marinade ingredients immediately on top of chops with basting brush.

NOTE: This recipe also works great with skinless, boneless OR Full bone-in Chicken, skin on!, Pork chops, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MtownGator

MtownGator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 1, 2012
    Memphis,Tn
    Mr money bags over here cooking with Saffron. ;)

5. WhattaGator

Actually, as expensive as saffron is, only a few stamens are necessary for any recipe.

You can also bite the bullet and get it cheaper by buying it in a little bigger bulk.

6. insuragator

insuragator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This one is for Whattagator :)

I can make a really good fried chicken parm, but I cant seem to get the crispness I want when I try to bake it. Any recommendations?

7. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Do you have a Foreman Grill? I would try that first and then put it in a pan on the stove to finish.

8. insuragator

Apr 3, 2007
    Thanks Art. My daughter disappeared with my George Foreman off to college with my cash lol.

I'll give that a shot. my wife doesn't want anything fried.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. AlfaGator

AlfaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2007
  10. WhattaGator

If you want a real authentic Chicken Parmegiana Recipe..... This is for FOUR chicken breasts,

Take each chicken breast, and gently "buttlerfly" it (slice it in the middle towards the widest part of the breast, WITHOUT cutting it in half...leave about 1/2" remaining uncut) NOTE; If you're not going to have a large enough skillet to completey fit your chicken, then cut it ALL the way through when "butterflying"

So, now you have a "double-wide, but half as thick piece of chicken, this is going to help in the cooking and presentation

Place each breast, separately, between a peice of wax paper or plastic wrap, and using the FLAT side of a tenderizing hammer, gently pound out a littl more to thin without breaking.

Make a wash, with 4 Large eggs and 2/3 quart milk, whisked

Start with One tin Vigo Italian seasoned Bread crumbs

Have ready... 12-16 Slices Mozzarella Cheese

One Baking sheet pan

Directions;

Have your Sauce warm on the stove.. (In a pinch, I Love Barilla Garlic and Basil Tomato Sauce

Preheat oven to 450

Place Bread crumbs in a wide container, add 2 Tbs each Parsley, oregano, and Basil, add 1 Tbs Granulated garlic. whisk together. (Make sure Bread crunb container is wide enough to accept chicken breast.

Take each chicken breast (separately)... Place in egg/milk wash, then transfer to seasoned bread crumbs

Heat Large Saute' pan or shallow skillet to medium-high, add 2 Tbsp LIGHT Olive Oil, bring to heat, and add ONE chicken breast.
    Brown the breast on each side ( while it's just starting, bread your next breast, and so on)

Once each breast is golden brown on both sides, put it on the baking sheet.

Once all breasts are finished on the stovetop, top with the Mozzarella (NOTE, You can use a combination of Provolone on the first layer of cheese, then the Mozzarella on top of that.

Once each breast is topped with the cheese, you'll really only have to put it in the oven for about 4-6 minutes, until the cheese gets nice and melted.

NOTE; The oven rack should be in the middle

Remove from oven, put on plate, and top with sauce...

You're gonna taste what REAL Chicken Parmigiana is!

11. insuragator

Apr 3, 2007
    Thanks Whatta!!! I'm going to try that this weekend! Sounds awesome. Thanks again

12. WhattaGator

My Pleasure!! Tell me what you think!

13. MtownGator

MtownGator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 1, 2012
    Memphis,Tn
    I just discovered vodka sauce. Where has this been my entire life? Num num num.

14. WhattaGator

Oh, yeah!

A good Shrimp and Penne A La Vodka is the BOMB!

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. WhattaGator

Mt own, Did you make your own?

16. gatorcloud

gatorcloud GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    May we add stews as well?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. MrB-Gator

MrB-Gator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    French Onion....with lots of cheese.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hornet09

Hornet09 VIP Member

Oct 2, 2015
    My uncle makes the best crawfish chowder. I could eat that for every meal.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bhrgator

bhrgator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Deep in enemy territory
    BBQ, now soup. Must be college football summer time doldrums. But at least it's not a uni thread. :D

May I suggest steak marinade recipes for the next thread? I could stand to change things up a bit and need some ideas.

20. Gators11

Gators11 VIP Member

Nov 30, 2013
    That’s sounds like a good one. I’m not much for too much heat though. Speaking of Uncles, one is going to pop in with The Italian Wedding here at some point!