Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What's Up With A. Henderson, W. Wilson and D. Marks?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by tarponbro, Jul 6, 2019.

1. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Maybe Stiner, Stewert, or Davis will do it this year! Or all 3!

• Like Like x 1
  2. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Now that you say that, that sounds familiar. What a black eye he was to the University of Florida.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    We're going to have some hard hitting safeties. If Davis doesn't come on this season I will be pretty disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Selfish and narcissistic. Smiling after a humiliating defeat to his players in Jax. After careful interviews one with experience should be able to catch that during the screening process. Foley knew how to pick em.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    I believe practice reports have been positive if I'm thinking correctly. We definitely need him, especially come SEC time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    All about assignments and film study. The offensive coordinator is going to run plays to see what defensive players do in certain situations. How they react to running plays to their side of field, how they react to passing routes in front of them and will try to suck them up to get a pass play behind them. Want to confuse and have broken assignments. They know when less experienced kids are on the field and will go after them

• Like Like x 1
  7. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Well since 1990 , which would make thirty years counting the one we are about to start, we are:

21-8 against our biggest conference foe with 3 national titles , 8 conference titles, and 14 division titles compared to ZERO national titles , 3 conference titles and 9 division titles for UGA in the same time span.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Sounds good enough to me. Three titles in thirty years is better than almost every other team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Forward this to the staff so next head to head goes our way.

10. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Do they really have 9 division titles? I'm kind of surprised about that. I thought Tennessee has at least 7 and USC east has 1. Oops, I forgot about Missouri's 2.

11. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Reality, we used to own Georgia. Now we don’t. I don’t really care about 29 years ago or even 12 years ago.....either do kids. I keep talking about depth....hope to god it doesn’t rear that ugly head all season. The game w Georgia this year is huge for our future. We win and Dan has established or reestablished the brand. Challenge we face is depth. One injury here or there and we are in trouble.
    Georgia has better talent by a hair but we have the better coach… We have to win this game..

Games we have to win to establish we are truly back:

Miami 24-14
    Kentucky 31-14
    Tennessee 28-13
    Auburn 31-17
    LSU
    Georgia
    FSU-35-17

Don’t get me wrong SC and Missouri are important but of the above mentioned games can really only lose 1 game and can’t be to any of the biggest 3 rivals. Must beat Georgia.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    The context of that post was lost on you my friend. It was in regards to a post that said ever since spurrier left we havent owned UGA all while totally ignoring the following decade after spurrier that we owned them too. Had nothing to do with anything in your post , of which I dont disagree with and im with ya , shit i expect every game to be a must win. Only mentality to have really.

13. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    No matter how you slice it , 5 year period, 10 year period, 15 year period UGA has not owned us, they dont even own a 5 game series lead or any head to head lead at any time. With all this UGA dominance I'm hearing about they are still with out a title and over the :

Last 5 years UF is 3-2 over UGA
    Last 10 years UF is 5-5 with UGA
    Last 15 years UF is 8-7 with UGA

It only gets worse through out the zook and spurrier years.

Fun fact, if you took out the muschamp debacle of losing 3 straight b4 getting his lone victory the last 2 years is the 1st time UGA has won back to back games in 30 years. Let that sink in.... no matter how you slice it UGA has not owned us over the last decade, 2 decades 3 or whatever. Our rivalry truly hasn't been competitive, IRT W/L record since before spurs.

2 games in a row is not dominance nor is splitting the last 10 games, going 5-5 while UF has been at it's worst in over 30+ years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014

I’ll slice it this way for ya....nobody cares about 5 years ago, especially recruits.

It’s about now, not 2008 or 11. Current recruits were little kids then.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Ok, if you think these kids are gonna make a whole life decision based off of the last two games, 1 of which was the last game before mac got canned on a 4 win season and the other was in a transition year under 1st year head coach than cool with me. But again I'm was just responding to another post. I wonder though why when we beat uga 3 games in a row prior to their current 2 game win streak how in the world did UGA get such a recruiting bump? I mean they had 3 years in a row of getting beat and co.ing in 2nd to the gators yet it didnt matter to the recruits, so maybe they dont care about the "now" or "current" win streaks either as you insinuate they do and its something totally different than brand recognition that draws them to places like UGA and others.....:emoji_thinking:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Bottom line, we live in a what have you done for me lately world. Your only as good as your last game. Richt always recruited well.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  17. CalGator

CalGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I agree whole heartedly. That’s what makes this years game so imperative. All of this recruiting BS won’t matter if we can wax that dawg @$$ this year. They’re going to have more talent (but not by much), we’re gonna have a better coaching staff (by ALOT). I honestly don’t know that I’d put money on the Gators, but I sure wouldn’t bet against us. And that’s not just because I’m a Gator fan.

18. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    What I love about it as a fan is we have a winning record since WWII.
    It takes the 20s, 30s, and 40s for Georgia to finally come ahead of us in the all time series.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Even in our worst stretch since the 70s , we have still held our own with Georgia. Imagine being one of their fans. A two game winning streak against us is as good as it gets. Great recruiting classes and still no title. Fourth and one and there goes that title chance again. They are an exorcise of futility.

• Like Like x 3
  20. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I'll slice it even more for ya, the recruits dont care that much about this year either.....the outcome of one game matters a whole lot more to you than to them. Playing time, scheme, relationships, etc is way more important than the Fl ga game. Most wont even watch it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2