Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What's Up With A. Henderson, W. Wilson and D. Marks?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by tarponbro, Jul 6, 2019.

1. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    LOL, tell that to Auburn! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The whole reason we didn't have a better option is because we didn't recruit well enough. Bottom line.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. orangebluegator

orangebluegator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You probably have to recalculate several prior classes as greenard was part of a different recruiting class and has less eligibility than Joseph or Cox who are true sophomores. I don't know if 247 or the other sites do an official recalculation a year or two down the road.

4. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Im not sure about a blue chip prospect at WR, but you def could have filled his spot with a WR recruit that you could work with and hopes blossoms down the line. Hendi is worth a gamble but I can see the other side of why we shouldn't have gambled either

5. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    Just kidding, there's no way to re-rank a class but 247 does a "composite" roster ranking every year that shows who's on the roster for that year. Our ranking the last 4 years show:

2015 - 15th
    2016 - 16th
    2017 - 17th
    2018 - 12th
    2019 - (not out yet)

We will have at least 4 transfer starters on our top-10 team (Greenard, Shuler, DeLance, and VJ) and Grimes and Krull who may very well start. IMHO, Grimes is as sure of an NFL lock as we have on our team right now, at any position. College football is moving towards basketball as far as rosters shuffling around and top kids moving to other teams for a year or two, and I can't imagine there's a coach in the country that has taken advantage of this change in landscape as well as Dan Mullen has at Florida.

6. orangebluegator

orangebluegator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007

I have no issues with taking a flyer here or there. The problem is when you take too many longshots and come up snake eyes several times in a row. If all the kids got in, this would be a nonissue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bike1014

bike1014 GC Legend

Jan 9, 2010
    And to add: Only the coaches know that fork in the road...Do they take Hendi, and risk he doesn't get in, or take the next available WR that is willing to commit (which for the sake of this reply, let's say it's "Plan G")?

It's tricky these days, because the transfer rules means you can regroup a position in 1 offseason (example: 2018 offseason, when adding Van and Grimes totally changed the WR position for us).

Tough calls all around.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Yea there's really no wrong answer and like @orangebluegator said, had Hendi made it in, all this is a non issue.

I don't mind them taking Black either. I pray he eventually gets in cause his story would be remarkable

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    Since you reranked it according to attrition, did you take into account the players we added? And did you do this for all teams? It just appears you are skewing the data.

Why do you call whittemore, Weston and Mark's a weak class? Simply star gazing? It would be nice to get a stud QB every year, or possibly have more Intel on recruits, but QB is more unfortunate than anything. Potentially weak LB class...is that similar to potentially strong class? Potential goes both ways.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Coming from you? Shocking!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I wish UGA would let us win the recruiting title one time. I have been wanting to know that feeling of winning the recruiting title, at least once in my lifetime. What can UF do to lure Kirby here?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I’m just glad we usually beat them. A two year streak and the puppies are on top of the world.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The thing I don't understand about Hendi is there were multiple reports that he was in, and tweets from him directly that suggested he was in, and I think even Mullen said he would be in for the Fall.

How does everyone including the player himself and the coach not know for sure whether the player is qualified or not?? It's not some abstract thing.

I understand nobody knowing for sure with the visa issues of Wilson because no one in the program is an immigration attorney. But academics? We're an academic institution. It's spelled out what needs to occur. There are people who's entire job revolves around who's accepted and who's not. It shouldn't be a source of confusion.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It doesn’t matter to me what happens to other schools, the weaker the better. I want LSU to lose their best players six months after NSD, same for Georgia, same for Alabama. Part of the problem I see is that we are almost forced to hope for transfers. Are we early adapters to the new environment or lucky to have transfers available? Are LSU, Alabama and Georgia in the transfer market? We are living on it and has me concerned.
    WR- Whittemore supposed to be a safety and if a WR why was he listed at DB. Sure, that three at WR could prove underrated but it’s still a low rated WR class of three perhaps two. Marks enrolled? Stargazing? Probably. I know that offer lists and service rankings are more often than not accurate predictors. LB- I don’t see Bogle or Summerall playing LB. I guess they will stand up once in a while, okay. Again on those two, when did the roster come out? Neither was listed above 217 and if really 6’5 or more they have a fair amount of weight to add before playing often. Therefore, imho, we took two LBs last class.

As it turns out the positions we recruited well are OL, perhaps DB, and RB? Counting Bogle and Summerall three DL coming off a single DL in 2018 was a huge miss. Do we have enough depth to cover that level of wiff and fill up again next two cycles? I hope so. I thought the goal is to play 3-4? Our DC seems to have an NFL mentality and doesn’t like to recruit.

I thought we went from a class of 25 to 19? If that’s the case we will be lucky to have 15-17 players left from this class in 12 months. I hope our AD is paying attention.

We need another good season.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    We don’t usually beat them. Spurrier retired. Since 2010 we have won 4 of 9 games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    How bout the decade you’re missing?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    You mean used to beat them?

18. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    1. Then why are you ranking UF against other schools?

2. Not sure what you are typing, but whittemore is playing wr. No way to know how the wr class will pan out. I dont believe anyone thinks bogle or summerall will play a down as a LB. UF doesn't release a true roster, no reason to put stock into it.

3. Are you asking if we are ok on the DL? I think so. Last year was too light but we are recruiting DL hard right now. The goal isnt just a 34.

4. What does our our AD need to be paying attention for?

5. We always need a good season.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Not only that but maybe learning disabilities would get some light shed on them if he got good

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    They’ve beat us twice, don’t overdo it

• Winner Winner x 2